This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think they will ever remake Halo 2?

#1IAMGIYGASPosted 8/23/2013 2:42:15 AM
I'm not actually a big fan of the franchise, but I have started to get into it recently and I played Halo 2 yesterday, and imagined how much better it be if it was remade. I am aware they already remade the first Halo, but I feel they should especially remake the second one as well. Considering the fact it won't even work on a 360 and not everybody owns a copy of Halo 2, I think it would make the most sense to do.

So what do you guys think? do you think they should remake Halo 2?
---
I hate the fact I need to sleep. All that precious time could be going to something useful like video games.
#2flame030191Posted 8/23/2013 3:09:55 AM
It does work on a 360, you just can't download it and need an official hard drive. It plays fine, though. I used to system-link all the time using my 360 with a friend's original Xbox.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
Call of Duty 2 is still the best of the series.
#3SomnambulisticPosted 8/23/2013 3:17:27 AM
What they need to do:

- Take all of Halo 2's MP
- HD-ify it
- Touch up the engine a tiny bit
- Release on LIVE as standalone $20/$30 title
- Make millions upon millions and never have to worry about another Halo game ever again

The fact that Frankie/343 have said that they would love to do it, they just don't really have the time atm, is a good sign.

Oh, and it definitely works on 360.
---
(Formerly ElderPredator)
Time moves forward, and nothing changes.
#4Dragon NexusPosted 8/23/2013 7:21:53 AM
IAMGIYGAS posted...
I am aware they already remade the first Halo,

No they didn't. They gave it a fresh lick of paint, but they didn't remake it. Remastered, if anything.

Though I would like to see Halo 2 remade. So much screwed up and unbalanced gameplay in that campaign. Worst campaign in the series, for me.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#5BBBanks03Posted 8/23/2013 12:50:24 PM
Why??? Thatís such a random game to remake.

It's campaign was probably the worst of the series and all the multiplayer's been improved since then. There's no point to remaking it.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#6fiasco86Posted 8/23/2013 3:05:40 PM
Somnambulistic posted...
What they need to do:

- Take all of Halo 1's MP
- HD-ify it
- Change nothing
- Release on LIVE as standalone $20/$30 title
- Make millions upon millions and never have to worry about another Halo game ever again

fixed
---
Game Conquerors Top 100 Games of All Time
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBdvbVOHRybalW-7GExzgqbbBf1bGVV3L
#7GawdDawgsPosted 8/23/2013 5:24:28 PM
for those who hated Halo 2's campaign, why? I'm curious, because the only complaints I tend to see are:

-"You play as Arbiter more than Chief"

-how one of the levels was really repetitive, but so was the Library in Halo 1.

-"dat ending", which I completely understand. Terrible ending and totally misleading. Definitely "last gens ME3" when it comes to fan backlash about an ending.

I personally enjoyed Halo 2's campaign because it was different from everything else in the series. Playing as the Arbiter and seeing his side of the story really fleshed it out and made it unique. It seems like every sequel after has tried to "Recapture that Halo 1 feel" but never quite achieving that (3 came really close though). Halo 2 feels like the only one that actually tried to do new things, but that's just my thoughts.

and yes, I'm sure they'll make an updated version. Perhaps next year, since that'll mark the 10 year anniversary of Halo 2 (WOW that makes me feel old!)
---
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.
#8Dragon NexusPosted 8/23/2013 6:35:55 PM
GawdDawgs posted...
for those who hated Halo 2's campaign, why?

Well for me...it's kind of a personal thing. Over a year of hype, hanging out on the message boards and basically pulling a Kingdoms of Amalur with the game.

We kind of guessed major plot points before the game came out.

Even from the first level things felt...off. I don't even know how to explain it, it just didn't feel like Halo to me. The enemies were dull (especially Brutes, they suffered the same bare-bones AI problem the Flood did from Halo 1), and I remember the game being really damn dark. And it was so stingy with its flashlight too. Sorry, what? I can only use the flashlight when you allow it? Otherwise you turn it off automatically? Yeah, nitpicky...but it bugged me when the game was so damn dark.

Ad yeah, Arbiter just wasn't fun to play as. I remember Mc's part of the campaign fine, but I remember nearly nothing of the Arbiter's campaign. I remember the facility on the planet Installation 04 orbited around, I remember the final boss and...that's pretty much it.

To me it was just a dull, disappointing, unfinished pile of broken dreams. And yes, I'll fully admit that most of it was my own fault for hyping the game up beyond expectations. But really, even years later I play the game and feel "meh" from it.
And yet, with no hype at all for Halo 3, I ended up really enjoying the third outing. I hardly put it down and I felt the story was the most engrossing thus far.
---
#9Dragon NexusPosted 8/23/2013 6:37:15 PM
Oh yeah, and the E3 in-level "this is real game footage, honest guys!" demo was a complete lie and practically none of it made it into the game.
---
#10TheIastspartanPosted 8/23/2013 8:44:27 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...
Oh yeah, and the E3 in-level "this is real game footage, honest guys!" demo was a complete lie and practically none of it made it into the game.

I still want that sexy BR that becomes single-shot while zoomed. The Light Rifle in Halo 4 just wasn't the same.