This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

halo 4 why the hate?

#11langystarPosted 8/23/2013 5:39:11 PM
It just seemed like they didn't try anything new cause they knew the name would sell itself
#126speednissanPosted 8/23/2013 5:39:26 PM
I thought the campaign was alright. Some of the achievements were fun to get. The multiplayer was irritating because they would never add big team objective. I got sick of playing games with a low number of players.
#13bd0g5Posted 8/23/2013 5:47:43 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
bd0g5 posted...
most of the complaints are about the MM

Bdog, what's up man? You still play?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRItYDKSqpQ
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#14namewitheldPosted 8/23/2013 7:18:36 PM
The tone of the campaign is wrong. In previous Halos the Chief was an ASSET of the UNSC. He was involved in huge collaborative missions involving the Navy. Sure he was THE man but he was always part of a bigger struggle. In 4 its just the chief.

Thats without mentioning the new enemies ( who are jerks ) and stupid revelations about ancient humans and the implication that Spartans are some sort of genetic key to...something. Also emotional entanglement and the sexing-up of old Cortana. And a QTE boss..

Multiplayer is ok but they seriously butchered the play lists/game modes. A relatively recent patch solved some issues but made the SAW massively overpowered.

Spartan Ops 1-5 are awful. S Ops 6-10 are the nearest thing in the game to the older Halos. Its like they werent even trying untill they started making these episodes ( post retail release ).
#15YAYSAYPosted 8/23/2013 8:03:34 PM
namewitheld posted...
The tone of the campaign is wrong. In previous Halos the Chief was an ASSET of the UNSC. He was involved in huge collaborative missions involving the Navy. Sure he was THE man but he was always part of a bigger struggle. In 4 its just the chief.

Thats without mentioning the new enemies ( who are jerks ) and stupid revelations about ancient humans and the implication that Spartans are some sort of genetic key to...something. Also emotional entanglement and the sexing-up of old Cortana. And a QTE boss..

Multiplayer is ok but they seriously butchered the play lists/game modes. A relatively recent patch solved some issues but made the SAW massively overpowered.

Spartan Ops 1-5 are awful. S Ops 6-10 are the nearest thing in the game to the older Halos. Its like they werent even trying untill they started making these episodes ( post retail release ).

The new enemies are by far the worst enemies in a Halo game yet, the knights are bullet sponges and when you reload they just warp away and recharge their shields and health.
---
http://i.imgur.com/NgvXx.gif http://i.imgur.com/RxHnY.gif
http://i.imgur.com/AggbcLv.gif http://i.imgur.com/UtCcG9r.jpg
#16PStrifePosted 8/23/2013 8:13:49 PM
The new enemies really suck, the Covenant were no fun. How do you screw the most important aspect up?

Things I expect in a the Halos game involved the importance of entertaining enemies, for crying out loud even the lowly grunt Covenant had zero personality. Those little guys were mute shooting targets in Halo 4, why? They provided great comic relief in every previous entry, yet their was none of that here. Nobody cared about the little things at 343.

It does not help when MC is doing stupid data entry every few minutes either, after 3 games of none of this stupid crap. MC literally jumps his own shark numerous times in this campaign, making it an unbelievable experience in itself
#17TheIastspartanPosted 8/23/2013 8:36:01 PM
langystar posted...
It just seemed like they didn't try anything new cause they knew the name would sell itself

Um, no. If anything, they tried too much new things. I think most people that have played Halo 4 would agree.

Link43130 posted...
If I wanted to play call of duty, I'd play call of duty. :/

Pretty much. 343i tried to cater to a larger audience by adding customizable loadouts, perks, and ordnance drops. Ultimately, it made Halo lose a lot of it's identity and in the end it doesn't really cater to anyone, which is evident by its pitifully low population even during peak hours compared to past entries.
#18sharksfan7Posted 8/23/2013 11:43:52 PM
I enjoyed the campaign and was hooked on the online multiplayer for about a month, then I just got tired of it. It's a good game, but I tend to get sick of shooters after a while. The game doesn't deserve all the hate it gets.
#19Pacman2dxPosted 8/23/2013 11:50:07 PM
It's a great iteration in the series, I enjoyed the time I've spent with it .. and I'm not done with it - I'd still be playing it but alas I don't have the Season Pass so playing the same couple of maps got boring after a while. The campaign was also fantastic, but like EPIC did with Gears 3, they expected you to know a bit more about the lore by researching information or reading the novels, but I find the the terminals did a great job for those who did neither.
---
The only constant is change, nothing remains the same!
The only constant is change, there's only growth or decay!
#20XenobowPosted 8/23/2013 11:54:07 PM
I Hate every Halo game.