This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

stand alone Resident Evil Mercs game

#1GigerSupremePosted 8/24/2013 4:27:20 AM
the mercs modes from re5 and the reunion version are my favorite entries of mercs mode to date. large and varied cast, plenty of levels to choose from... only way to make that version better would be to give the players options to tweak it (ie- decide what enemies show up so i can mix and match them in levels, difficulty adjustment, set the amount of enemy spawns, etc)

and yes, know there is a stand alone mercs game for the 3ds, but it runs like crap, looks like crap, and can only be played on the 3ds.

re6 was an interesting take on the mercs mode given how different the gameplay was, but still the mercs mode felt empty content wise compared to what re5 offered... probably because capcom spent most of its time on the dreadful campaigns.

i still think capcom should drop the "resident evil" name for it, and just lable it "the mercanries" to illustrate that it would be the ultimate mercs game.

every RE character, logically should be playable or unlockable (even side characters like Luis, Nicolai, Steve, the Ashord Twins, Brice McGivern, the merchant, Carlos and Josh) im talking like a marvel vs Capcom size roster here... EVERY PAST MERCS LEVEL TOO... from waterworld to the streets of hong kong, plus new levels that past games took place in like the good ship zenobia, the streets of raccoon city, the spencer estate, racoon city police station, the prison block from code veronica or even train from RE0 would make for an interesting mercs mode level.

also, more interesting DLC characters instead of "lady hunk" which really is stupid... instead, why not choose from capcom's legacy of past survival horror games like Regina from Dino Crisis? or how about Samonoskue from Onimusha? Classic Dante from the original Devil May Cry??? FRANK WEST???? they would come with their own unique abilities and weapons ofcourse and these DLC characters could even come with a level that represents their game too... also included would be monsters from their games for you to mix and match between levels for your pleasure. this to me is acceptable DLC.

my ideal mercs game would be smash brothers levels of ambition of scope and size.

id much rather have this than capcom wasting my time with their awful attempts at single player.
#2CammyApplePosted 8/24/2013 5:14:14 AM
I'm just going to pose one question:
What sort of progression would exist to keep people playing?

Games that don't have measurable, visible, growth do not sell well.

(Now make sure you folks get in here with examples to prove me wrong)
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#3GigerSupreme(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 5:48:22 AM
CammyApple posted...

call of duty, street fighter, smash borthers and blaz blue proves otherwise.

besides, my vision for mercs mode includes-
unlockables like- weapons, stages, characters, costumes...

skill trees to tweak and or enhance your character...

also, make the game cost 40 dollars upon launch. people will buy it.
#4Yorkshire_14Posted 8/24/2013 5:54:32 AM
GigerSupreme posted...
CammyApple posted...

Just play Mass Effect 3 multiplayer instead. It's really good!
---
We can't pretend that this isn't getting out of hand. The lights have all gone out!
#5SoincMetalPosted 8/24/2013 5:55:22 AM
there was the examples, plus games like beat hazard really doesn't have anything like that either, really it's just a really fun way to listen to music. And if they made a stand alone mercs game with tons of levels/customization features i would buy it. That and a Zombies/Survival(MW3) game. Choose between mobs of zombies or a tactical terrorist threat aka RB6V2/1 type of deal.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#6CammyApplePosted 8/24/2013 5:57:43 AM
GigerSupreme posted...
CammyApple posted...

You mention Call of Duty. I'm not sure you understand what visible and measurable progression means if you feel CoD doesn't have that.

You have a flaw in this as well. Unlockables in a modern Capcom game.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#7SunDevil77Posted 8/24/2013 5:59:00 AM
If it added raid mode from Revelations, I'd buy
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#8the36thchamberPosted 8/24/2013 9:29:45 AM
im with you all the way TC. re5 mercs reunion is my favorite thing from resident evil by far, love it and still play it sometimes. i always thought they shouldve made the whole game more like mercs reunion. theres so many things you could do with a re5 styled mercs game like you said add all the characters, then you can bring in guest characters and special stages, random hazards or bosses..thats just off the top of my head, devs should be able to come up with some really good ideas.

why on earth they would want to make a mercs game a little handheld nothing of a game is baffling. its possible they decide to have some fun and make a real mercs game and by some miracle its in the re5 style or something just as good. either way mercs reunion is good enough for me and normal mercs is there for a challenge
---
GGXRD Location test > every fighting game ever.
PSN/GT- xNinjaScrollx
#9orangeneePosted 8/24/2013 10:23:31 AM
Yorkshire_14 posted...
GigerSupreme posted...
CammyApple posted...

Just play Mass Effect 3 multiplayer instead. It's really good!

It's really addictive, but it's not good. Quite how I played it for 4 months without burning down an orphanage is beyond me.

The final straw was a crap ton of crap from PSPs and Arse packs.
---
Official Official of the Official board!!!
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#10AikonMonkPosted 8/24/2013 10:38:26 AM
Just started playing ME3 MP and it's enjoyable. Still finding my "place" in it. Not sure what class to play as yet. I wonder what is the "best" MP class if there is one at all.
---
GT: DEDLY CUKE