This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How good of a ride was this gen of games?

#1Hucast9Posted 8/24/2013 9:01:33 AM
How good of a ride was this gen of games? - Results (151 votes)
Best ride ever
18.54% (28 votes)
A great ride
60.93% (92 votes)
A fair ride
15.89% (24 votes)
A not so great ride
4.64% (7 votes)
This poll is now closed.
How good of a ride was this gen of games?
#2shawnmckPosted 8/24/2013 9:05:53 AM(edited)
I personally thought they were good (although there were plenty of sucky ones too)...
But this gen is much better, imho.
I own more games for this current gen than I have ever owned in my life...and I have owned every home console since the classic NES (including all the niche ones).
#3Matt_256Posted 8/24/2013 9:07:03 AM
A great ride.

I really enjoyed this gen but I thought it dragged itself out a little too long. 2-3 years too long. As much as I enjoyed even the later games the systems just started losing its "WOW" factor the last few years. Became very "Been there, done that", hardware restrictions were becoming so apparent that I felt it was holding everything back.

Other than that I had really good times. I had a blast with my 360. Good times all over.
#4crispixPosted 8/24/2013 9:10:05 AM
Other than the RRoD that plagued the system...it was great.

I don't know if I should add points to it because they brought some previous gen games to this console (DMC remakes in HD, MGS remake in HD, etc.) or take away points for not being original.

Either way, loved this gen...can't wait for the next!
#5ChrisHanson24Posted 8/24/2013 9:25:36 AM
not so great cus all the games r dumbed down to appeal to the lowest common denominator
#6KiritoArtPosted 8/24/2013 12:26:29 PM
This gen was great!

*As much as people hate it to be hating cod became a great console shooter

*Super mario galaxy became my favorite game of a time

*Xenoblade and lost oddysey was some of the best jrpgs I have ever played

*Online gaming on consoles became more than just ffxi and halo 2. (Although I enjoyed them a lot)

*I spent more time online on gears of war 1 than any other game and had a blast.
---
http://backloggery.com/chasealan
#7nazacuckooPosted 8/24/2013 12:30:04 PM
A great ride. Probably second best, but I'm not sure.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: NazaCageRatt
The official Stalfos of the "A link to the Past 3DS" board.
#8SunDevil77Posted 8/24/2013 12:44:17 PM(edited)
The best ride. Essentially the Bugatti Veyron of generations.

---
#9LadyYachiruPosted 8/24/2013 12:45:48 PM
Eh hard to say...

Enjoyed far more games this gen then any previous...

But enjoyed previous gen games more....

Suppose ill vote this one as best...Overwhelms the past with numbers..
---
Vita teneat nisi miseriam.
#10CyricsServantPosted 8/24/2013 12:55:46 PM
A great ride.

Story telling has been taken to new heights, and indie devs have done a great job exploring interesting and non-conventional gameplay styles.

RPGs could have been a little more impressive though. Nothing struck me as being this gen's Persona 4/ SMT: Nocturne for JRPGs, or Baldur's Gate/ Planescape Torment for WRPGs. Also, too many series I love just never showed up on home consoles (e.g. Suikoden, SMT, Dark Cloud, etc.) or descended into mediocrity and irrelevance (e.g. Final Fantasy, Star Ocean, etc.). There were a few great new IPs made (e.g. From Software's D. Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, Mass Effect, etc.) but I can count them on my fingers.

Because of of the modest number of high quality RPGs we've gotten relative to previous gens, I can't call this gen "the best" . . . but it's pretty damn high on my list.