This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

8 year old kills Grandmother after playing GTA IV

#121TaikutsunaPosted 8/25/2013 7:13:12 AM
"Parents of 8 year old Euthanize invalid 88 year old grandmother they couldn't afford to care for and blame Video games... Stating 'Cha-Ching we be sueing we be sueing'"

See, I can jump to conclusions just as well as the media. Only, I don't stand to gain anything from blaming Video Games.

More people are killed because of Money, Religion or Politics, then will ever be killed by People who have played a Video game. Get serious people.
---
Some people are so naive that they would believe the world was Round if you told them it was.
#122NolaxPosted 8/25/2013 8:09:57 AM(edited)
1. Age restriction on the game, shouldn't have been playing, parents fault.
2. Stupid America and they're lust for shooting things, get rid of your damn guns or make it illegal to own them.
#123MilenninPosted 8/25/2013 8:01:54 AM
Why did the parents let their 8 year old play a game with a mature rating?
Why was there a gun in reach of an 8 year old?
---
Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if you will die today
#124Yelnam-26Posted 8/25/2013 8:06:36 AM
Gun should have been locked away or put where the child couldn't reach or find it even if they tried.

Why did the parents leave a child in the care of an 88 year old who has a gun around the house? and why do they let him play the game at that age? Fair enough some young children are not affected by violent games but if you let them play the games then its you as the parent/guardians responsibility.
---
'We've been sitting here since Christmas 1914, during which millions of men have died, and we've moved no further than an asthmatic ant with heavy shopping.
#125SunDevil77Posted 8/25/2013 8:07:23 AM
Nolax posted...
2. Stupid America and they're

Mmmm...irony.
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#126TaikutsunaPosted 8/25/2013 8:10:24 AM
Nolax posted...
1. Age restriction on the game, shouldn't have been playing, parents fault.
2. Stupid America and they're lust for shooting things, get rid of your damn guns or make it illegal to won them.

Are you crazy man! There are 8 year old hitmen out there packing massive firepower. I ain't giving up my gun, they may get organized and try to take over.

Besides, guns are the only thing keeping the Canadians from global conquest. You should be thanking Americans that you aren't speaking Canadian today... Ayyyy.
---
Some people are so naive that they would believe the world was Round if you told them it was.
#127TheBlueStigPosted 8/25/2013 8:32:20 AM
Nolax posted...
get rid of your damn guns or make it illegal to own them.

So we can have our crime rates skyrocket like every other country that's banned civilian ownership of guns?

Bans don't work, they never have. They only make things worse.

If you think they do somehow work, explain all the bans on drugs failing miserably WORLD WIDE.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#128orangeneePosted 8/25/2013 8:55:14 AM
^ Precisely, banning opens up new stalls on the black market.
---
How to divide by Zero: Find person named Zero, get him/her to divide something.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#129no1oblivionfanPosted 8/25/2013 8:55:47 AM
Jprime666 posted...
> In America kids shoot people
> In America kids play video games
> In America there are kids that have easy access to fire arms

> In Japan kids do not shoot people
> In Japan kids play video games
> In Japan kids do not have easy access to fire arms

> In Britain kids do not shoot people
> In Britain kids play video games
> In Britain kids do not have easy access to fire arms

> In Canada kids do not shoot people
> In Canada kids play video games
> In Canada kids do not have easy access to fire arms

Clearly it's the fault of video games. There can be no other explanation. It's surely not a combination of bad parenting and the fact that children have easy access to instruments of death.

Wrong.

> In Switzerland kids do not shoot people
> In Switzerland kids play video games
> In Switzerland kids may have easy access to firearms.

It's guns, which comes down to bad parenting. Only difference between Switzerland's guns and 'Murica's is that Swiss guns must be kept in a locker for guns in the house.
---
Steam: An_Orang3e
GT: DanDan4000
#130TK-TonePosted 8/25/2013 8:57:44 AM
Can I get an "E"?

Can I get a "S"?

Can I get a "R"?

Can I get a "B"?

What does that spell!?

</morose humor> My sympathies for the family as any death is tragic, regardless of circumstances ... but Rockstar isn't at fault here. The ESRB exists for to prevent situations like this, but isn't mentioned anywhere in the article.
---
3DS FC: 1934-1461-5344
Tone from Epica