This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

8 year old kills Grandmother after playing GTA IV

#131natevinesPosted 8/25/2013 9:00:48 AM
Jprime666 posted...
> In America kids shoot people
> In America kids play video games
> In America there are kids that have easy access to fire arms

> In Japan kids do not shoot people
> In Japan kids play video games
> In Japan kids do not have easy access to fire arms

> In Britain kids do not shoot people
> In Britain kids play video games
> In Britain kids do not have easy access to fire arms

> In Canada kids do not shoot people
> In Canada kids play video games
> In Canada kids do not have easy access to fire arms

Clearly it's the fault of video games. There can be no other explanation. It's surely not a combination of bad parenting and the fact that children have easy access to instruments of death.

Ever hear of The École Polytechnique Massacre? There were plenty of school shootings in Canada. And violent crime in Britain is worse than in the US.
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#132Yelnam-26Posted 8/25/2013 9:02:24 AM
no1oblivionfan posted...
Jprime666 posted...
> In America kids shoot people
> In America kids play video games
> In America there are kids that have easy access to fire arms

> In Japan kids do not shoot people
> In Japan kids play video games
> In Japan kids do not have easy access to fire arms

> In Britain kids do not shoot people
> In Britain kids play video games
> In Britain kids do not have easy access to fire arms

> In Canada kids do not shoot people
> In Canada kids play video games
> In Canada kids do not have easy access to fire arms

Clearly it's the fault of video games. There can be no other explanation. It's surely not a combination of bad parenting and the fact that children have easy access to instruments of death.

Wrong.

> In Switzerland kids do not shoot people
> In Switzerland kids play video games
> In Switzerland kids may have easy access to firearms.

It's guns, which comes down to bad parenting. Only difference between Switzerland's guns and 'Murica's is that Swiss guns must be kept in a locker for guns in the house.

This is true ^ not sure if Swiss kids shoot people or not but the guns that the household own have to be locked away and have the bullets in a different location in the home. I think part of the gun has to be separated as well but I cant remember. Also I think you can only have like bolt action rifles or semi-automatic guns at most. Assault rifles are not allowed.
---
'We've been sitting here since Christmas 1914, during which millions of men have died, and we've moved no further than an asthmatic ant with heavy shopping.
#133TheBlueStigPosted 8/25/2013 9:27:40 AM(edited)
Yelnam-26 posted...
This is true ^ not sure if Swiss kids shoot people or not but the guns that the household own have to be locked away and have the bullets in a different location in the home. I think part of the gun has to be separated as well but I cant remember. Also I think you can only have like bolt action rifles or semi-automatic guns at most. Assault rifles are not allowed.

Swiss firearms are part of their Militia system, they are full military grade weapons, they do NOT have to be disassembled, but you were right about the ammo, it must be locked up separately.

This is a culture and parenting difference, it's NOT just about the guns themselves, blaming the tools is only something uneducated people do.

And do yourself a favor, look up the true Military definition of "Assault Weapon". The definition you're using is one dreamed up by the anti-gun media in multiple countries to try to get everything in semi-auto form banned. Ask the UK how well that's worked out for their crime rates....

---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#134DemonicKyguy00Posted 8/25/2013 9:23:04 AM
Chances are I've said this in my life and I'll say it again here. If the kid reacted he either

A:Was not Mature enough to handle GTA
or
B:Has a history of untreated mental health issues.

My opinion probably a combination of both.
#135LuffyStrawhatPosted 8/25/2013 9:27:28 AM
He was just upset his grandma made the elderly mistake of buying him IV thinking she bought him V early. She hyped the kid up too much, and when she said, "They're all the same", he went all sorts of crazy.
#136tamayamawuvPosted 8/25/2013 9:30:24 AM
I played Halo 3, Gears of War, and GTA IV when I was 8 or 9. It depends on the maturity of the kid. Clearly that kid was causing trouble before he even touched GTA IV, so yeah, bad parenting.
#137Master_M64Posted 8/25/2013 9:33:35 AM
I don't believe that games make kids violent. I started gaming at 2 years old with Mortal Kombat, and I'm a pretty nice fellow. Never once had any murderous thoughts and probably never will.
---
"AND LO! Mackenzie Nettles thusly approached!"- CeliaOfTheSky
#138smokey1976Posted 8/25/2013 10:01:13 AM
An article says he and Grandma shared a bedroom. Kid probably just wanted his own room.
#139smokey1976Posted 8/25/2013 10:02:22 AM
and the boy wont face any charges at all, but shouldn't somebody be held responsible?
#140natevinesPosted 8/25/2013 10:04:07 AM
smokey1976 posted...
and the boy wont face any charges at all, but shouldn't somebody be held responsible?

I think the responsible party paid enough. She's dead.
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman