This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Were the games you paid 60$ for this year worth it?

#31TheRobPosted 8/25/2013 10:35:25 AM
The only game I purchased for $60/full price was Tomb Raider and I thought it was well worth it.
---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#32Just_The_TipPosted 8/25/2013 10:39:38 AM
I haven't purchased a game at $60 since Skyrim when it released.

That will end September 17th. I'll also be getting Arkham Origins day 1.
---
well i don't really hate you with a burning passion because i don't really give you that much thought, but i do think you're a ****ing idiot.
#33Mumble_Posted 8/25/2013 11:28:46 AM(edited)
Injustice and no. That's mostly because my internet is terrible which makes multiplayer terrible. STAR LABS was a dissapointment. The story was fun but has no replayability. Random arcade fights are boring on lower difficulties, and too difficult (for me) on higher difficulties.
---
Perfection is perfected.
#34JJroootPosted 8/25/2013 11:16:22 AM
Only game i paid $60 this year was Bioshock.

Well worth it
---
If alcohol is a crutch, Jack Daniels is a wheelchair
Xbox Live GT: Saynt614
#35ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 8/25/2013 11:48:13 AM
the only game i bought this year was resident evil revelations at $40 and it was more than worth it
---
Gamertag: ALMIGHTY CHEEKS
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS
#36WinternovaPosted 8/25/2013 12:14:57 PM
JJrooot posted...
Only game i paid $60 this year was Bioshock.

Well worth it

This. Fantastic game.

Although this will change on Tuesday when my $100 version of Madden NFL 25 arrives. That will DEFINITELY be worth the price of the game - the game itself looks to be fantastic, but the pre-order bonus itself is worth $300 or more!
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#37prestodanielPosted 8/25/2013 7:53:22 PM
yep.
Metal Gear Rising, while short, was definitely worth it.

DmC, loved this game to death, proof that the negative criticism was pure ignorance.

Tomb Raider, excellent game. easily rivals the uncharted games.

The Last of Us. many games of the past and future will never come close to the greatness of this game...
#38prestodanielPosted 8/25/2013 7:57:10 PM
oh yeah. forgot Injustice. still one of my favorite fighters to date. well worth it.
#39BBBanks03Posted 8/26/2013 9:45:34 AM
I canít remember the last time I bought a game that wasnít at full price. I have no problem buying a game that I know Iíll enjoy at full price. Say what you want, games are still the most affordable media investments as far as dollar-to-value is concerned. Letís seeÖ

DmC-absolutely loved it. Game of course had some issues but as a longtime fan of the DMC series I thought the fresh take on things was great. Really hoping we could see a sequel with more depth to the combat and some better boss battles.

Bioshock Infinite- loved it. Great game, imaginative world and setting, and one of the best stories in the medium. Looking forward to the Rapture DLC!

MGR- the only game I wish I hadnít bought, at any price. Probably the biggest disappointment of the past few years for me. I wonít go too far into it, because Iíd say this game was pretty mediocre in just about every area.

The Last of Us- took a while to really sink itís hooks into me, but once it did, this game is worth all the hype and then some. Fantastically told story with characters you really care about, and a multiplayer experience that Iím looking forward to jumping into.

Rayman Origins- never got around to picking this up until this year, and now that I have, this is probably going to be in my top 5 games for this gen. Well worth a full $60, and I actually got it for $20. Rayman Legends is a game that wasnít even on my radar a few weeks ago, now itís one of my most anticipated games of the year.

Sole exception to this is the game Gone Home, an indie game available on Steam that I picked up for the full asking price of $20. And now Iím FURIOUS that I paid a full $20 for this game. Iím one of the biggest supporters of paying full price for a game and sick of the entitled generation whining for more for lessÖ but this game was just a complete rip-off in every way. $20 for a 2 hour ďgameĒ Iíll never play again?? Ridiculous. Then again, I should have done some research on this one so I have no one to blame but myself; still, I got burned.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#40Groudon199Posted 8/26/2013 10:05:24 AM
None of the games I bought this year were $60. Going through my purchase history, the last game I got that cost that much was Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock in September '10 (and I only spent $55 on it because of a promotional discount). I guess Rock Band 3 counts as well, but I got the game+keyboard bundle.