This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So basically Microsoft will convert your current MP to currency?

#41SheepinatorPosted 8/27/2013 10:02:17 AM
seankimberley42 posted...
1. They aren't stealing from you, you get the value of your points added to your account. Stop spouting lies.

Two questions for you.

1. Who benefits financially from points expiring worthless? MS or customers?
2. Do you think the total value of expired currency in the coming 2 years will be more than zero? Bearing in mind, I checked online yesterday and could find no indication of when my currency expires. I've been told you can check monthly to see if anything is going to expire that month. If you forget any month, you lose and MS gains.

2. I've seen you use the TOS numerous times to call people entitled. Now that it affects you it's not so nice is it?

I recall doing so as a sarcastic response to others who use ToS as a defense.

3. I'm 99% positive I saw you in the topic about using the online glitch to receive $20 worth of points for $5 multiple times, so I and most people couldn't care less about your pain.

Not me. I didn't do that once. Nor do I recall ever posting about it.

The vast majority of people with large amounts of MSP buy many things online so they needn't be worried about an expiry date.

And if they decide to get PS4 instead of XB1 due to Kinect, price, spying, DRM, whatever, maybe planning to get XB1 later, oops the currency expired, MS won.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#42PStrifePosted 8/27/2013 4:03:24 PM
vgsrule posted...
So is everyone ignoring the post where the reason for the expiration was explained in a very detailed and sensible manner?

Nothing is sensible anymore. Since now I have an expiration date I never asked for nor was negotiated about. That isn't a fair relationship at the end of the day, seems like a rather one sided version of teabagging from Microsoft's poorly planned out end.

You try negotiating things when you have people putting money into a system, don't want to do it. Then go deal with a future of no money coming in, due to no more financial relationships existing anymore.

This is common sense really. Don't have to be a big shot to understand how relationships that involve actual currency works.
#43seankimberley42Posted 8/28/2013 10:32:22 AM
Sheepinator posted...
1. They aren't stealing from you, you get the value of your points added to your account. Stop spouting lies.

Two questions for you.

1. Who benefits financially from points expiring worthless? MS or customers?
2. Do you think the total value of expired currency in the coming 2 years will be more than zero? Bearing in mind, I checked online yesterday and could find no indication of when my currency expires. I've been told you can check monthly to see if anything is going to expire that month. If you forget any month, you lose and MS gains.

2. I've seen you use the TOS numerous times to call people entitled. Now that it affects you it's not so nice is it?

I recall doing so as a sarcastic response to others who use ToS as a defense.

3. I'm 99% positive I saw you in the topic about using the online glitch to receive $20 worth of points for $5 multiple times, so I and most people couldn't care less about your pain.

Not me. I didn't do that once. Nor do I recall ever posting about it.

The vast majority of people with large amounts of MSP buy many things online so they needn't be worried about an expiry date.

And if they decide to get PS4 instead of XB1 due to Kinect, price, spying, DRM, whatever, maybe planning to get XB1 later, oops the currency expired, MS won.

1. This benefits MS and it's shareholders. And in the long run it benefits MS customers No longer will we have to use two resource pools to buy things from their phone, their console and their operating systems. Regardless, who the hell are you to complain about consumer rights? You're like the EA defense force. No MS stock I take it?

2. Ok, so you've used the TOS as an argument. Doesn't really matter though, as the latter part of number one makes any argument you posit null and void. You can't defend one company for it's shady practices and then complain about another's.

3. Maybe I'm wrong on that front.

4. I'm sorry, are you selling your xbox 360? Did MS EVER state that points would even carry on to the Xbox1? If you can't spend your points within a year or two that's on your end. No one ever told you to buy up points in bulk when they're on sale. No one ever told you to not spend them. Things like this are the risk you take when you buy bulk to save money.

Honestly, I can't believe I'm defending business practices that negatively affect the customer in a discussion with sheepinator. I'm not outside right now, are there pigs flying around?
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice
#44SheepinatorPosted 8/28/2013 10:55:05 AM
You can't defend one company for it's shady practices and then complain about another's.

If they are the same "shady practice", no, but one company offering up something for sale that consumers can choose to buy or not, is not even remotely the same thing as another company changing the terms of a transaction after it was completed. How anyone can defend that is a mystery to me, unless they are wannabe MS employees quoting ToS.

It's like someone going into Costco and buying up food in bulk, then Costco says later, "Oh btw, that last batch of food, we put dye in there on timers, so if you don't consume it soon it's worthless. Yeah I know we didn't mention this when we sold it. See our ToS. It was your choice to buy it, your choice not to use it immediately, your fault."

What if you bought a car and you anticipated using it for 5 or 10 years, then a year later the maker informs you it will remotely shut down all the electronics soon. Your fault for wanting to drive it longer?

You'd defend these practices?

Changing the terms of transactions after they were completed is terrible business, and conveniently in this case it leads to MS making free profit on as much as 70% of all currency which expires, or maybe it forces customers to buy things they didn't want just to avoid it expiring.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#45kaMMakaZZi29Posted 8/28/2013 2:57:08 PM
Glad I only had 90 MSP left.
---
PSN: kaMMakaZZi9 / XBL: kaMMakaZZi29 / ADD ME!
#46GuideToTheDarkPosted 9/1/2013 6:09:20 AM
Sheepinator posted...
Changing the terms of transactions after they were completed is terrible business, and conveniently in this case it leads to MS making free profit on as much as 70% of all currency which expires, or maybe it forces customers to buy things they didn't want just to avoid it expiring.

Profit is bad business?
---
SHUTUPPU ANDE EAT! TOO BAD NO BON APPETIT!
#47namewitheldPosted 9/5/2013 12:07:39 PM
So MS are changing the system because its inconvenient for THEM. Stop defending them as if this 'inefficiency and lack of synergy' is a result of anything other than their own incompetence.

Oh poor MS they has to compete with appleS, dont be mean to them :(

Or you could stop being such bizzaro pure capitalists for one second and call this out as a CHOICE MS has made.