This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

After update i cant use my money to buy stuff :O

#1aur1zPosted 8/26/2013 12:49:14 PM
So i live in Iceland where XBox Live isnt supported but i used UK account instead and bought MS points without problems for years... until today. Had about 20 pounds after conversion update but cant use any of that now. I send email to MS but probably wont get answer until next year so figured i ask here if someone has a similar problem.

Losing that money isnt big deal but unable to buy anything in the future will be annoying.
---
Grand Theft Auto 4, Ninja Gaiden 2, Metal Gear Solid 4.
#2nazacuckooPosted 8/26/2013 12:54:32 PM
Hmm. I live in EU and didn't have this problem. I only had like 90 cents on my account when the update came, and I was able to use that as well as new funds to buy Jade Empire. No problems.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: NazaCageRatt
The official Stalfos of the "A link to the Past 3DS" board.
#3gabriusPosted 8/26/2013 1:02:44 PM
xbox.com, or on the console?

I can't make purchases on the website either...
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#4aur1z(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 1:24:16 PM(edited)
gabrius posted...
xbox.com, or on the console?

I can't make purchases on the website either...

Both. On console atleast it shows as payment option but wont let me select it. On website it doesnt show anything just asks for credit card which i would use if i could but....my country is not on the special list.

EDIT: It seems i can buy DLC but not full games. Seems weird but i guess its something.
---
Grand Theft Auto 4, Ninja Gaiden 2, Metal Gear Solid 4.
#5TheBlueStigPosted 8/26/2013 1:34:45 PM
Gotta love the new BETA that nobody has a choice in using.....
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#6mabber_IIIPosted 8/26/2013 2:06:03 PM
make a paypal account, microsoft wants a backup payment plan incase you go over what's on your account
#7TheBlueStigPosted 8/26/2013 2:41:47 PM
mabber_III posted...
make a paypal account, microsoft wants a backup payment plan incase you go over what's on your account

The "option" to go over what's in your wallet shouldn't be there without MULTIPLE security questions to verify that you want the CC hit for the remainder.

It's bad enough that you can't add funds to the wallet at all on the dashboard, they were f***ing morons for removing that option.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#8protomahnPosted 8/26/2013 2:44:21 PM
so you can't use your MSP balance without linking a CC or paypal account? ****.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Igqiz.gif
#9e4gleeyePosted 8/26/2013 3:38:18 PM
i got nothing linked and I can still use my balance. i did "cash in" several points card after I realized the conversion gives me more money than what each points normally worth due to exhange rate. Maybe that unlocks it?
#10dbzxgamerPosted 8/29/2013 2:36:44 PM
From what I heard you have to have more than whatever it is your buying or else the option to use your money won't show up