This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your most disappointing game of the year (so far)?

#41BBBanks03Posted 8/27/2013 9:46:48 AM
Going to second Metal Gear Rising. I had been REALLY hyped for that game ever since hearing about it. I was pretty much let down on all fronts. The music was pretty sweet, though.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#42velvet_hammerPosted 8/27/2013 9:52:03 AM(edited)
656stooge posted...
Metal Gear Rising.

I was expecting much from the story, and I was pleasantly surprised with how much they gave you, even going so far as to include the codec, but then the last hour of the game turned into a parody of the series and made the game feel like a joke.

Rubbish game that I hate more and more as time goes buy.

stoooge NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The end was freaking fantastic.. I knew Sam couldn't be the last boss.. but anyways dont you agree that genre always has terrible stories? it was probably the best one since DMC 3.. that Metal Gear at the end was also sick!
---
People that approve of this video 10 & counting!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEPtCLAubaw
#43656stoogePosted 8/27/2013 11:02:28 AM(edited)
velvet_hammer posted...

stoooge NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The end was freaking fantastic.. I knew Sam couldn't be the last boss.. but anyways dont you agree that genre always has terrible stories? it was probably the best one since DMC 3.. that Metal Gear at the end was also sick!

Bad stories are par for the course with the genre, but they've never tried to ruin a franchise I love before. Well...DmC kind of did.

EDIT: Oh, and in my first post I meant to say I wasn't expecting much from the story. Made a typo.

And yeah, the music kicked ass despite being cheesy. Wish the whole game was as cool as the first level RAY fight.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.