The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People Steal Indie Games : We All Know It

#1kilroyfxPosted 8/27/2013 8:41:55 AM
Something very few developers ever want to talk about, or even try and realize....a percentage of gamers steal their Indie Game every single day.

It is wise for a developer to consider 10% of their downloads will go to theft , license transfers, or other means of illegal copies. This should not be a surprise but actually a COMPLIMENT.

Only certain games get stolen, there is a specific criteria that must be met for an Indie Game to make it on the TOP STOLEN list....on the indies market !!

The game has to be overpriced, the game has to be good, the game has to be multiplayer....there may be more elements to the formula but these seem to be the magical 3.
---
Developer of Indie Games that you might Play
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEGMGSnBXmE
#2grimmdaddyPosted 8/27/2013 8:49:33 AM
wait so you mean people will steal something that's overpriced, MY GOD....surely my good man the world must know this at once!
#3SheepinatorPosted 8/27/2013 8:50:33 AM
People will steal something that isn't free.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#4darkharePosted 8/27/2013 8:51:07 AM
kilroyfx posted...
It is wise for a developer to consider 10% of their downloads will go to theft , license transfers, or other means of illegal copies. This should not be a surprise but actually a COMPLIMENT.

what the hell has happened to this country?

---
The future of Console Gaming, are the gamers. vote with your $!
#5dannyaqPosted 8/27/2013 8:57:09 AM
How do you steal anything on the xbox marketplace? I get the license transfers, but theft?
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
#6TheBlueStigPosted 8/27/2013 9:00:02 AM
dannyaq posted...
How do you steal anything on the xbox marketplace? I get the license transfers, but theft?

Think about it, it's not hard to figure out.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#7dannyaqPosted 8/27/2013 9:00:52 AM
Also I fail to see how having somebody steal your stuff is a compliment. Seems to me if they respected you they wouldn't steal your stuff. I mean sure its nice to know people enjoy your game, but clearly they have no respect for you if they steal your stuff. I would rather have people respect me than my creations.
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
#8dannyaqPosted 8/27/2013 9:04:00 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
dannyaq posted...

I don't think people hack into Microsoft's servers and I don't think people downloading from a ROM site and using modded consoles happens, so I am unsure. That's why I ask.
---
#9TheBlueStigPosted 8/27/2013 9:34:33 AM
dannyaq posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
dannyaq posted...

I don't think people hack into Microsoft's servers and I don't think people downloading from a ROM site and using modded consoles happens, so I am unsure. That's why I ask.

You don't think people use modded consoles?

Naive much?

That's pretty much the only way to cheat as much as people do in online games.

The Forza 4 leaderboards are littered with cheaters all over the Drag Racing tracks, in the F class Circuit tracks, and in the R1 class Circuit tracks. People using infinite grip hacks to get a 28 second time on a track where everybody else has a 56 second time or slower, or people using a hack that tricks the Performance Index system into thinking it's a low PI car at 200 or below for Class F when it's really a 999 PI car for Class X.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#10VeryDarkSoulPosted 8/27/2013 9:58:10 AM
you mean to tell me people don't pay 10,000 dollars for photoshop?
---
Ron Paul 2012