This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People Steal Indie Games : We All Know It

#11grimmdaddyPosted 8/27/2013 9:42:30 AM
that forza stuff seems more like game saving/save editing
#12beautifuldreamsPosted 8/27/2013 9:44:05 AM
i would think people steal indie games less than they steal other digital games (with the whole have to be connected to live to start)
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~
#13glassghost0Posted 8/27/2013 9:47:52 AM
beautifuldreams posted...
i would think people steal indie games less than they steal other digital games (with the whole have to be connected to live to start)

Pretty sure TC means all indie games, not just the "indie game section" on xbl
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#14grimmdaddyPosted 8/27/2013 11:23:20 AM
I just took a look in the indie section and to be honest 98% of those don't even look like it would be worth the effort to steal
#15natevinesPosted 8/27/2013 11:33:15 AM
This is so ****ed up, man. Those Indians work hard to make these games, they deserve compensation.
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#16DoukouPosted 8/27/2013 11:36:41 AM
grimmdaddy posted...

Don't talk to Blugstig
---
Don't read this sig.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18EvifsO8VA
#17TheBlueStigPosted 8/27/2013 11:41:51 AM
grimmdaddy posted...

One person editing their save wouldn't put a time up on the leaderboards for everybody to see all by itself, especially not when it's multiple users and multiple different cars all modded in different ways.

People have to hack the game to get the game to accept an illegally modified car, then use that car while connected to Live so a time can be set.

Turn 10 isn't doing a damn thing about it either even though the cheating times and modded cars are obvious for everyone to see.

They could easily modify their leaderboards so a car that could only go up to 750-ish PI would be red-flagged for cheating if it appeared with 999 PI, or a lap time that's X amount faster than the fastest legit time would be red-flagged.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#18dannyaqPosted 8/27/2013 12:54:27 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
dannyaq posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
dannyaq posted...
How do you steal anything on the xbox marketplace? I get the license transfers, but theft?

Think about it, it's not hard to figure out.

I don't think people hack into Microsoft's servers and I don't think people downloading from a ROM site and using modded consoles happens, so I am unsure. That's why I ask.

You don't think people use modded consoles?

Naive much?

That's pretty much the only way to cheat as much as people do in online games.

The Forza 4 leaderboards are littered with cheaters all over the Drag Racing tracks, in the F class Circuit tracks, and in the R1 class Circuit tracks. People using infinite grip hacks to get a 28 second time on a track where everybody else has a 56 second time or slower, or people using a hack that tricks the Performance Index system into thinking it's a low PI car at 200 or below for Class F when it's really a 999 PI car for Class X.

I didn't know forza 4 was an indie game. The disk i have could have fooled me. But no, I didn't think people bothered to hack indie games. I figured it was mostly retail and maybe some arcade games.
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
#19AikonMonkPosted 8/27/2013 1:10:39 PM
I take it someone has had their games stolen a few times...

I don't know why you would take it as a compliment. That's more like a slap in the face. I'm sure some people just want to have as many games as possible not caring that it's an "overprice, good game, with MP".

I'm absolutely positive that the CEO of any company is just tickled pink when he looks at his shrink (loss) numbers every month.
---
GT: DEDLY CUKE
#20TheBlueStigPosted 8/27/2013 1:39:18 PM
dannyaq posted...
But no, I didn't think people bothered to hack indie games. I figured it was mostly retail and maybe some arcade games.

The trial version of every indie game (and almost every Arcade title) is really the full game, it just has a timer on it.

Do the math.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.