This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People Steal Indie Games : We All Know It

#21dannyaqPosted 8/27/2013 5:18:49 PM
yea then i factor in the quality of the average indie game, look at the demand for indie games and look at the price point. After doing the math, I didn't figure there was really enough of a community to get indie game hacks going.
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
#22PorcupinePosted 8/27/2013 6:01:28 PM(edited)
I think that in this topic TheBlueStig revealed that he basically understands nothing about the way consoles, the Xbox 360, and Xbox Live work. As others have pointed out, the comments he made regarding hacking vs console modding vs save game editing are foolish, and his response only made him look more ignorant of all details.

The same goes for his comments on trial Indie/Arcade games being run on timers: none of the trial games I have seen have worked that way. At least not in the way that he is imagining.

TheBlueStig tells other people to "do the math"? Maybe TheBlueStig should "do his research".
#23madgreg666Posted 8/27/2013 6:14:00 PM
natevines posted...
This is so ****ed up, man. Those Indians work hard to make these games, they deserve compensation.

I enjoyed this
---
'10 Yamaha Nytro XTX-'01Suzuki SV650-Quadzilla-'88BassTracker
Snow, Street, Dirt, Water- I shall destroy Earth
#24thekozmicpigPosted 8/27/2013 6:15:08 PM
Porcupine posted...
The same goes for his comments on trial Indie/Arcade games being run on timers: none of the trial games I have seen have worked that way. At least not in the way that he is imagining.

Some indie games (at least in the past) did run on a timer. For example, Supercow...or whatever that game is called. It does seem to no longer be the way trial games work (from what I've experienced anyway). Some still might, I haven't tested all of them. It would take too much time:p
---
Feels like the depths of hell were unleashed upon my ass. - nivlac_rebuats
#25Scared0o0RabbitPosted 8/27/2013 7:46:50 PM
Protip: Piracy isn't theft.
---
Gaming for > 20 years
XBL: Cagey Rabbit
#26TheBlueStigPosted 8/27/2013 8:08:29 PM
Porcupine posted...
I think that in this topic TheBlueStig revealed that he basically understands nothing about the way consoles, the Xbox 360, and Xbox Live work. As others have pointed out, the comments he made regarding hacking vs console modding vs save game editing are foolish, and his response only made him look more ignorant of all details.

TheBlueStig tells other people to "do the math"? Maybe TheBlueStig should "do his research".

Here's a clue for you kid, download an Indie Trial, start up the game and start up the stopwatch at the same time.

When the game automatically ends, note the time.

Repeat the process 10 times. The game will end at the exact same time every time.

Some Trials give you 2 minutes, some give you 5 and some give you 10 minutes, but they ALL end right in the middle of gameplay, not at the end of whatever level you happen to be playing at the time. They're on a timer until you buy the game.

Now tell me, how are you going to run modded content on a non-modded console? That includes unlocking locked paintjobs in all the Forza games, modding the cars physics and PI levels, or adding wallhacks and aimbots in all the shooters?

If you seriously think that nobody on a modded console can connect to Live and cheat their asses off, you're out of your mind. There have been stealth modding techniques as long as modding has existed, and since we know for a fact that MS rarely runs hardware scans, the modders get away with it for FAR longer than they should.

Oh and just an FYI, the only people who try to cover up the fact that modding exists, are modders themselves. They want things kept as quiet as possible so they don't get outted for the cheaters and pirates they really are.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#27TheBlueStigPosted 8/27/2013 8:13:08 PM
dannyaq posted...
yea then i factor in the quality of the average indie game, look at the demand for indie games and look at the price point. After doing the math, I didn't figure there was really enough of a community to get indie game hacks going.

People were pirating PSP Minis, about the same level of programming as the average Indie, plus there really are pirated copies of Indies floating around out there.

So it really doesn't matter what you'll believe.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#28MasterFoxCheif3Posted 8/27/2013 8:26:59 PM
I don't even know how to steal retail games so why would I steal indie games?
---
http://3image.com/images/2013/06/21/Bron_umad.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aalYQjedc1s&t=1m4s
#29SavageDonzillaPosted 8/27/2013 9:28:02 PM
kilroyfx posted...
Something very few developers ever want to talk about, or even try and realize....a percentage of gamers steal their Indie Game every single day.

It is wise for a developer to consider 10% of their downloads will go to theft , license transfers, or other means of illegal copies. This should not be a surprise but actually a COMPLIMENT.

Only certain games get stolen, there is a specific criteria that must be met for an Indie Game to make it on the TOP STOLEN list....on the indies market !!

The game has to be overpriced, the game has to be good, the game has to be multiplayer....there may be more elements to the formula but these seem to be the magical 3.

Stopped reading there since to play an Indie game, you have to be signed into Live on the account that bought it.
---
I486SX 33MHz |256MB RAM | IBM EGA 64kb | Dell M990 19" CRT | IBM 200watt PSU
#30kilroyfx(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 9:44:40 PM
Interesting responses. Gamertags logged.

:) joking !!

Trials are max 8 minutes. That's Microsoft. Some Developers make it even shorter.
---
Developer of Indie Games that you might Play or Steal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEGMGSnBXmE