This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People Steal Indie Games : We All Know It

#31Doktor_WilhelmPosted 8/28/2013 10:19:32 AM
Doukou posted...
Don't talk to Blugstig

I like how he managed to turn a thread about the horrors that face Indie Developers into an argument/rant about how people who are better than him at a game, must have 'hacked' it...
---
"so i'm guessing it's doctor wilhelm vs everyone else then?" - Travisclees
#32PreacherXWDSXPosted 8/28/2013 11:55:18 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
Porcupine posted...
I think that in this topic TheBlueStig revealed that he basically understands nothing about the way consoles, the Xbox 360, and Xbox Live work. As others have pointed out, the comments he made regarding hacking vs console modding vs save game editing are foolish, and his response only made him look more ignorant of all details.

The same goes for his comments on trial Indie/Arcade games being run on timers: none of the trial games I have seen have worked that way. At least not in the way that he is imagining.

TheBlueStig tells other people to "do the math"? Maybe TheBlueStig should "do his research".

Here's a clue for you kid, download an Indie Trial, start up the game and start up the stopwatch at the same time.

When the game automatically ends, note the time.

Repeat the process 10 times. The game will end at the exact same time every time.

Some Trials give you 2 minutes, some give you 5 and some give you 10 minutes, but they ALL end right in the middle of gameplay, not at the end of whatever level you happen to be playing at the time. They're on a timer until you buy the game.

Now tell me, how are you going to run modded content on a non-modded console? That includes unlocking locked paintjobs in all the Forza games, modding the cars physics and PI levels, or adding wallhacks and aimbots in all the shooters?

If you seriously think that nobody on a modded console can connect to Live and cheat their asses off, you're out of your mind. There have been stealth modding techniques as long as modding has existed, and since we know for a fact that MS rarely runs hardware scans, the modders get away with it for FAR longer than they should.

Oh and just an FYI, the only people who try to cover up the fact that modding exists, are modders themselves. They want things kept as quiet as possible so they don't get outted for the cheaters and pirates they really are.

Just came to say that you can indeed log onto Xbox Live with a modded console and cheat your ass off and perform various level's of digital thievery. Microsoft run's hardware scans once in a while, which is why once or twice a year you hear of mass banning's on Live. All the modders have to do is reflash their 360 and the cycle begins again.

You just need to check out some of the Modding forums to see what is possible.
---
---
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life......Winston Churchill
#33TheBlueStigPosted 8/28/2013 12:39:58 PM
Doktor_Wilhelm posted...
I like how he managed to turn a thread about the horrors that face Indie Developers into an argument/rant about how people who are better than him at a game, must have 'hacked' it...

Oh look, it's the totally PREDICTABLE "you must suck at the game" comeback.

Go on the Leaderboards for Forza 4, Turn 10 has them online at http://www.forzamotorsport.net.

You will see some totally IMPOSSIBLE things in the F class Circuit leaderboards for almost every track in the game, as well as all the classes for the Drag Racing leaderboards.

Gamertag = xNand e
Track = Bernese Alps - Stadtplatz
Car = Chevy Volt
PI = F615
Date = 5/30/2013
Time = 1:40.167
Next fastest time = 1:45.515

Gamertag = xNand e
Track = Hockenheimring - National Circuit
Car = Chevy Spark
PI = F621
Date = 5/10/2013
Time = 1:46.204
Next fastest time = 1:47.442

Gamertag = xNand e
Track = Mugello - Club Circuit
Car = Lotus Elise Sport
PI = F791
Date = 5/09/2013
Time = 1:05.000
Next fastest time = 1:09.826

Gamertag = xNand e
Track = Nurburgring GP - Full Circuit
Car = Ferrari 333SP
PI = F999
Date = 5/15/2013
Time = 1:56.314
Next fastest time = 2:26.518

Gamertag = xNand e
Track = Silverstone - GP Circuit
Car = #4 Audi R10 TDI
PI = F995
Date = 5/12/2013
Time = 1:50.795
Next fastest time = 2:18.042

Gamertag = xNand e
Track = Silverstone - National Circuit
Car = Chevy Spark
PI = F682
Date = 5/10/2013
Time = 1:08.148
Next fastest time = 1:10.827

Gamertag = xNand e
Track = Suzuka - West Circuit
Car = Chevy Spark
PI = F682
Date = 5/10/2013
Time = 1:36.818
Next fastest time = 1:36.894

Gamertag = xNand e
Track = Twin Ring Motegi - Full Circuit
Car = Skyline GTR V-Spec (year unknown)
PI = F817
Date = 5/12/2013
Time = 2:08.210
Next fastest time = 2:26.158

Gamertag = ajy 1967
Race = Top Gear - East Circuit Reverse
Car = Peugeot 207 Super 2000
PI = F569
Date = 7/05/2013
Time = 41.824
Next fastest time = 41.938

Gamertag = ajy 1967
Car = Peugeot 207 Super 2000
PI = F569
Date = 7/05/2013
Time = 1:08.148 (identical time to xNand e above)

Gamertag = gamertag197538
Track = Twin Ring Motegi - West Circuit
Car = #007 Aston Martin Lola
PI = F989
Date = 5/12/2013
Time = 40.707
Next fastest time = 45.789

Gamertag = Rice B0x
Car = Honda Civic Type R
PI = F706
Date = 1/31/2013
Time = 1:02.371

Gamertag = ZzANALZz
Race = Top Gear - Outer Loop
Car = Audi TT RS Coupe
PI = F700
Date = 3/31/2013
Time = 56.279
Next fastest time = 1:00.081

That's just SOME of the F class cheaters, there's more in other tracks, as well as a ton of cheating slime in the Drag Race leaderboards.

F class stops at 200, it goes up to E class at 201, the lowest PI in that list is 569.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#34FFTHEWINNERPosted 9/2/2013 1:46:37 PM
Scared0o0Rabbit posted...
Protip: Piracy isn't theft.

100% this.

Theft=I have it,you dont,i took it from you by force.

Piracy=I have it,you have it,you copied it willingly to me.
---
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png
#35VeryDarkSoulPosted 9/2/2013 1:50:09 PM
copyright infringement =/= stealing
---
Ron Paul 2012
#36FredSavage27Posted 9/2/2013 4:16:06 PM
It has many of the same intentions (getting something for free instead of paying for it) and consequences (people who sell the product don't get money for it) as stealing, so to argue that it's not is just a petty semantic argument.
#37Perfect LightPosted 9/2/2013 4:29:16 PM(edited)
FFTHEWINNER posted...
Scared0o0Rabbit posted...
Protip: Piracy isn't theft.

100% this.

Theft=I have it,you dont,i took it from you by force.

Piracy=I have it,you have it,you copied it willingly to me.

The word "theft" means "the wrongful taking and carrying away of the personal goods or property of another." Notice the key phrases "wrongful" and "property." Just because something is not a physical good doesn't mean that it doesn't have value. When you take something without paying for it, whether that be a physical or digital good, you have stolen it and that is theft.

For example, I have a novel online that can be bought through Amazon's Kindle market. If someone were to somehow find a way to download it and read it without paying for it, that is stealing. It's no different than walking into a store and taking a book from the shelf.
---
Playing: Splinter Cell Blacklist
Waiting: Grand Theft Auto V, Batman Arkham Origins, Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed IV
#38Link43130Posted 9/2/2013 4:34:48 PM
Perfect Light posted...
The word "theft" means "the wrongful taking and carrying away of the personal goods or property of another." Notice the key phrases "wrongful" and "property."

Notice the key phrases "taking" and "carrying away".

Perfect Light posted...
It's no different than walking into a store and taking a book from the shelf.

Yeah since you downloaded that book now Amazon can't sell it so totally 100% comparable. I mean, you wouldn't download a car!
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130
#390ofreako0Posted 9/2/2013 4:58:13 PM
people saying piracy isn't theft is the dumbest thing ever. you are downloading something for free that you are legally supposed to pay for. that is 100% theft.
#40WinternovaPosted 9/2/2013 5:05:36 PM
Perfect Light posted...
The word "theft" means "the wrongful taking and carrying away of the personal goods or property of another." Notice the key phrases "wrongful" and "property." Just because something is not a physical good doesn't mean that it doesn't have value. When you take something without paying for it, whether that be a physical or digital good, you have stolen it and that is theft.

Incorrect. Theft is the taking of a physical good with the intent to deprive the owner of use of it. Piracy does not deprive the owner of use of the original item, it duplicates the original in violation of the copyright holder's exclusive right of distribution. Piracy will never be considered theft.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)