This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What was with that stupid security thing my Xbox made me do.

#1HartsCreekByGodPosted 8/27/2013 2:16:32 PM
It was dumb, inconvenient. and a waste of time.
#2Ginsu VictimPosted 8/27/2013 2:35:39 PM
HartsCreekByGod posted...

Having your account stolen is far more inconvenient.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#3dbzxgamerPosted 9/2/2013 9:05:17 AM
Its to verify that you actually own the account so if any unauthorized changes are made they can let you know
#4SavageDonzillaPosted 9/2/2013 9:07:48 AM

I don't get this. You spend time and money on your Xbox account, don't you want to make sure you can get into it should anything happen? Don't you want to make sure NOBODY else can get into it?
---
I486SX 33MHz |256MB RAM | IBM EGA 64kb | Dell M990 19" CRT | IBM 200watt PSU
#5lastrockerPosted 9/2/2013 3:18:12 PM
i agree with TC. its so MS can verify who you actually are, so they can start sharing and cross-checking your info with the NSA, google, youtube, etc etc ...

getting phished really isn't that big of a problem, it only takes a little bit of knowledge to protect yourself against it. and it's usually (or at least should be) pretty quick and easy to rectify if you have been a victim of it.

seriously, if i have a single email set up for nothing but xbox live, and no credit cards or personal info have ever been linked to it, why do i need to now attach several other emails and my personal phone numbers and go through more security protocols than my bank requires. its dumb!

the ones most likely to make illicit charges to your credit cards are MS
#6bossk5Posted 9/2/2013 3:38:06 PM

Wait until you get asked to do it again........ 3 days later.
---
I buy used games. Piss&MoanFaqs
#7JACKBUTTMOMMYPosted 9/2/2013 3:39:39 PM
lastrocker posted...
i agree with TC. its so MS can verify who you actually are, so they can start sharing and cross-checking your info with the NSA, google, youtube, etc etc ...

getting phished really isn't that big of a problem, it only takes a little bit of knowledge to protect yourself against it. and it's usually (or at least should be) pretty quick and easy to rectify if you have been a victim of it.

seriously, if i have a single email set up for nothing but xbox live, and no credit cards or personal info have ever been linked to it, why do i need to now attach several other emails and my personal phone numbers and go through more security protocols than my bank requires. its dumb!

the ones most likely to make illicit charges to your credit cards are MS

lol ok
---
Please help support my community festival! It's for a good cause and tax-deductible!
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/reservoir-hill-music-festival/x/4474909