This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you actually adjust your brightness for the logo to be barely visible?

#21_LordAndSaviorPosted 8/27/2013 7:44:37 PM
glassghost0 posted...
_LordAndSavior posted...
Soem games like Hitman and Metro 2033, it only makes sense to make the logo barley visible. So for those games I do.

Other games I just leave it at the default.

Why does that make sense for Hitman?

There's alot of levels where it's supposed to be dark and stealth games just have that hide in the shadows feel to them.
---
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
R.I.P Shauwk, Gone but Never Forgotten. You will be missed.
#22DarkSymbiotePosted 8/27/2013 7:46:57 PM
Of course I do.
---
"Also I am NOT PROVIDING LINKS that would take FOREVER so I WRITE DOWN THAT INFO INSTEAD." - whatnow12012
#23SoulClankPosted 8/27/2013 7:47:59 PM
I feel that if I don't match the settings that the game experience isn't the same so yes I do match it.

Weird OCD thing I have.
#24WhiteBaitKentPosted 8/27/2013 7:49:18 PM
bossk5 posted...
I prefer dark areas to be....... dark

This. I've seen dudes TVs with their brightness near 100%. Blacks look grey lol
---
Terrible controls filter out terrible players.
#25LanternOfAshPosted 8/27/2013 8:07:44 PM
WhiteBaitKent posted...
bossk5 posted...
I prefer dark areas to be....... dark

This. I've seen dudes TVs with their brightness near 100%. Blacks look grey lol

All of this. Black levels are a big deal with videophiles I'm not gonna pay good money for a TV then do that to ruin it.
---
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!
#26Dragon NexusPosted 8/27/2013 8:17:27 PM
AmazingDany posted...
You gotta calibrate your tv's brightness first (hint hint: World of Wonder Blu-ray).

Wish there was a cheaper way of doing it.
I hate spending money for something I'm going to need to do once, maybe twice.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#27AmazingDanyPosted 8/27/2013 8:26:35 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...
AmazingDany posted...
You gotta calibrate your tv's brightness first (hint hint: World of Wonder Blu-ray).

You could always get one, adjust your tv, and do your friends', family's, colleagues, etc.

Or get the Blu-ray through "online low-brow ways" and order the necessary blue filter at the THX website...

Damn, I wish I could teleport to your house and every gamer's here to adjust their tvs, I LOVE doing that mierda! I'd do it for free!
#28majinbuu58Posted 8/27/2013 8:40:05 PM
I used to.. There's something odd with my TV's settings and I normally can't make out that logo anyways.
#29Dragon NexusPosted 8/28/2013 3:17:59 PM
AmazingDany posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
AmazingDany posted...

You could always get one, adjust your tv, and do your friends', family's, colleagues, etc.

Or get the Blu-ray through "online low-brow ways" and order the necessary blue filter at the THX website...

Damn, I wish I could teleport to your house and every gamer's here to adjust their tvs, I LOVE doing that mierda! I'd do it for free!

Or you could put adverts out and get paid.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#30AmazingDanyPosted 8/28/2013 3:29:03 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...
AmazingDany posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
AmazingDany posted...

Or you could put adverts out and get paid.

I wonder if people would pay for some stranger that would bring his dinky Blu-ray player, hdmi cable and 20$ store-bought calibration dvd to adjust their tv settings in less than 5 minutes?