This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How does the GOD version of MP3 work?

#1iron_defensePosted 8/27/2013 6:23:20 PM(edited)
Do I just download the whole thing and no longer worry about switching discs? Or will it be 2 seperate menus for each disc? I haven't seen any clarification for this.

Also, will my save from the disc based version work?
---
"Nature can suck on these nuts."-beardface21
#2DxZ99Posted 8/27/2013 6:25:44 PM
Oh snap! I forgot that MP3 was 2 disc. I'd like to know the answer as well. Wonder if the download is both disc combined, that'll be a nightmare.
#3z7667Posted 8/27/2013 6:28:13 PM
1.The GOD version is basically just the first disc. You'll need to download a couple of content packs in game which include all the stuff that is on disc 2. Free of charge obviously.

2. I dunno.
---
It's not the poop. It's the mystery... behind the poop.
http://i.imgur.com/vu6ih4A.gif
#4iron_defense(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 6:29:58 PM
After you download the content pack, does the game transition smoothly from chapter 6 to 7 like on ps3?
---
"Nature can suck on these nuts."-beardface21
#5z7667Posted 8/27/2013 6:34:54 PM
I would assume so.
---
It's not the poop. It's the mystery... behind the poop.
http://i.imgur.com/vu6ih4A.gif
#6VeliconisPosted 8/27/2013 6:52:28 PM
Do I just download the whole thing and no longer worry about switching discs? Or will it be 2 seperate menus for each disc? I haven't seen any clarification for this.

Also, will my save from the disc based version work?

Why wouldn't your save from the disc based version work? >_> There's nothing different between the two other than one's a physical copy and the other is a digital copy. They both function the same, minus having to swap discs.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, they're = they are, their = belonging to them, there = not here.
#7googlerPosted 8/27/2013 8:09:35 PM
It will suck to have to download those packs. I think they made it so that you have to download it from the game menu, 1 at a time and can't do anything else till they're all downloaded.
And I'll confirm you can use your save from the disc game
#8VeliconisPosted 8/27/2013 8:10:36 PM
It will suck to have to download those packs. I think they made it so that you have to download it from the game menu, 1 at a time and can't do anything else till they're all downloaded.
And I'll confirm you can use your save from the disc game

Uh, you can play the game before any of the packs are done. The download itself for the game is almost 8GB. It's 7.76GB to be exact. I was playing it just fine while it was downloading.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, they're = they are, their = belonging to them, there = not here.
#9Rome218Posted 8/27/2013 9:33:06 PM
I own it on demand since it is one of my favorite games.

After you get past level 5(I think), it will make you download everything else. Then you will have the game in it's entirety on your console.

If you have a game save, just start at lvl 5 and beat it. I think there is an option to just download the patches without being prompted.

MP3 = My favorite single player third person shooter, and for some reason, it is still my most played on line game. =D I am really active and I feel that GTA V online will feel the same, if that is the case I should be really good at that game too.

I hope it doesn't have the flaws of MP3. I know it's p2p with 16 ppl, but I experience horrible lag. I have shot a guy at point blank range with a shotty and saw him going down, then an animation of him standing upright again. I shot him again and the same thing happened, and he killed me! These little instances happen, and I know too many ppl quick to call hacks, but I think it is just lag.