This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why would you buy a $59.99 on games on demand?

#11IChangedMyNamePosted 8/30/2013 3:42:56 AM
No, its one of the reason I don't support DD on consoles and handhelds.

They are ****ing stupid for charging full price for a game digitally because there's way to many ways I see the game being lost forever.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#12scoobydoobydontPosted 8/30/2013 4:07:00 AM
I would and have. I have no interest in a manual, case and disc. Losing them doesn't effect the value proposition for me.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#13GeistPosted 8/30/2013 4:47:55 AM
Because I am done with physical media. It is pointless and only serves to take up space. I personally have already made the full switch by selling and trading in all my current system hard copy games and going full digital. It is a 100 times better, no mess, easy access, no disc changing.
---
Currently playing : Anything Kairosoft
#14Pacman2dxPosted 8/30/2013 5:03:18 AM
I doubt I'd ever buy a full retail priced game from Games on Demand - but I'd assume for the people who do or did it's convenience.
---
Fighting so hard to be heard, yet have nothing to say.
You talk of changing the masses, but forget those close to you.
#15grimmdaddyPosted 8/30/2013 5:10:12 AM
buying it full price a year after release is just being a dumb consumer that or you just have money to blow and choose GOD instead of a nice crack rock
#16JKSonicPosted 8/30/2013 5:15:00 AM
I would never pay full price unless that's my only option or a game is suited for digital (like Animal Crossing on the 3DS)... Point is that it's NOT WORTH full price when you take out a lot of factors.

The fact that they tell us a retail game is worth $60 and includes the case/manual/shipping/storage/production/printing and then tell us a digital game is worth the same when it includes none of that is IN-FREAKING-SANE. The excuses people make are pointless to me "well they can't price lower because retail" blah blah. Really? REALLY? Why couldn't they just sell digital download cards in the stores? Oh wait, THEY ALREADY DO! Price those digital cards the same as digital downloads (or even a few bucks more to make up for production of the cards) and there you go.
---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)
#17sonic51489Posted 8/30/2013 9:59:40 AM
JKSonic posted...
I would never pay full price unless that's my only option or a game is suited for digital (like Animal Crossing on the 3DS)... Point is that it's NOT WORTH full price when you take out a lot of factors.

The fact that they tell us a retail game is worth $60 and includes the case/manual/shipping/storage/production/printing and then tell us a digital game is worth the same when it includes none of that is IN-FREAKING-SANE. The excuses people make are pointless to me "well they can't price lower because retail" blah blah. Really? REALLY? Why couldn't they just sell digital download cards in the stores? Oh wait, THEY ALREADY DO! Price those digital cards the same as digital downloads (or even a few bucks more to make up for production of the cards) and there you go.

The thing I keep hearing is that if you undercut retail then game company's could face a backlash and those retail stores could refuse to sell their game.
---
Rikkka66: It's such a pain chasing after a burning medic while screaming "Come back! I need to blow you!" into the mic.