This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Forza 4 Game of the Year Edition

#1C810Posted 8/29/2013 10:31:47 PM
Has anyone heard about any news of this ever happening? I tried searching on Google but that yielded nothing except for the "Racing Game of the Year" Edition. But I'm talking about any news about a real GotY/Platinum Hits edition like the Forza 3 Ultimate Collection. I've been wanting to buy Forza 4 and I have a gift card, but I don't want to buy the regular edition and then have an Ultimate Edition release a few weeks later with all or most of the DLC
---
He has a robot body though, if he farted it would probably come out sounding like dubstep. - ISquat600lbs
#2TheBlueStigPosted 8/30/2013 12:47:20 AM
No rumors that I've ever heard of.

There's already 3 versions of the game out now, plus Horizon. If they were going to do an Ultimate edition, it probably would have been done already.

1. The first version, 2 discs, both discs must match for the game to work.

2. The Essentials version, only 1 disc, the rest of the cars are tied up in a huge download they charge you extra for. The Essentials version is NOT compatible with the discs from version 1 or version 3.

3. The 3rd version, also 2 discs, but they are NOT compatible with version 1 or Essentials at all.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#3C810(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 12:54:46 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
No rumors that I've ever heard of.

There's already 3 versions of the game out now, plus Horizon. If they were going to do an Ultimate edition, it probably would have been done already.

1. The first version, 2 discs, both discs must match for the game to work.

2. The Essentials version, only 1 disc, the rest of the cars are tied up in a huge download they charge you extra for. The Essentials version is NOT compatible with the discs from version 1 or version 3.

3. The 3rd version, also 2 discs, but they are NOT compatible with version 1 or Essentials at all.

The ****. How do you tell versions 1 and 3 apart? I already knew about the Essentials edition, but I didn't know there were two separate two disc versions
---
He has a robot body though, if he farted it would probably come out sounding like dubstep. - ISquat600lbs
#4fall_child_03Posted 8/30/2013 1:23:09 AM(edited)
same exact problem i'm having. i just bought a 2 disc version that wouldn't install the second disc.(used. it was the only one gamestop had)
---
NP: Lunar: SSSC, FFIX
#5C810(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 2:14:42 AM
fall_child_03 posted...
same exact problem i'm having. i just bought a 2 disc version that wouldn't install the second disc.(used. it was the only one gamestop had)

Eff. I was planning on getting it from GameStop since that's where my gift card is from, but now I think I might put it towards something else. Especially now that used copies are the only ones they carry
---
#6fall_child_03Posted 8/30/2013 2:58:53 AM
I would buy it new but i wouldn't know what version to buy in the first place. i'll just play forza 3, it has plenty of cars for me.
---
NP: Lunar: SSSC, FFIX
#7C810(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 3:09:29 AM
fall_child_03 posted...
I would buy it new but i wouldn't know what version to buy in the first place. i'll just play forza 3, it has plenty of cars for me.

I imagine either of the two disc versions would be sufficient to get the full game. Just that getting the new one is the key. Although why they would release two separate, non-interchangeable two disc versions is totally stupid
---
#8Frisco557Posted 8/30/2013 4:00:44 AM
It is really annoying because versions 1 and 3 have identical discs. Even down to the part numbers.
---
Proud owner of an '88 Peugeot.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e14/frisco557/103_0809.jpg
#9JackBurton85Posted 8/30/2013 4:17:01 AM
You guys should just get the vastly superior and funner Burnout Paradise
#10noid00Posted 8/30/2013 5:41:41 AM
There is a "Racing Game of the Year Edition" of Forza 4, but it only comes with 21 additional cars, so only a tiny fraction of all the DLC cars released.
I wouldn't hold my breath for a proper GOTY Edition, though. The game is too old by now and has had several re-releases/reprints.

I am still holding out for a Complete Edition of Forza Horizon that comes with the Rally pack, but I am starting to lose hope here as well :(