This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's a fun game with replay value? (Read all)

#1-Dark-Knight-Posted 8/30/2013 3:14:10 PM
So I'm looking for a game that has replay value. Looking for a game from this generation as well. The thing is though I really don't want to play a game like Skyrim or Borderlands. Both bring up my gaming OCD a lot. Don't get me wrong, I love looting games like Dead Island, but I just don't want you guys to say a game like Skyrim where there's a lot of things that just makes you go insane when you have OCD. I was thinking of Far Cry 3 but I heard it doesn't have much replay value. Can you guys help me out? What's a great game with replay value?
#2orangeneePosted 8/30/2013 4:28:52 PM
This is a wild swing, but, Alpha Protocol.

I personally love it. However it has many gameplay flaws and quirks. The replay value comes from the many ways the story can branch due to your choices. It's not open world like Skyrim so there's not much to miss. It's also dirt cheap.

Witcher 2 is another recommendation, it has a very different way of telling the story based on a decision made early in the game, with many smaller decisions also affecting side quests and the ending to a degree.
---
How to divide by Zero: Find person named Zero, get him/her to divide something.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#3HELZEROPosted 8/30/2013 4:36:56 PM
FC3 is great and will last you a good while
#4glassghost0Posted 8/30/2013 4:49:32 PM
Payday 2
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#5CammyApplePosted 8/30/2013 5:21:30 PM
Spelunky.

Payday 2 is not good for OCD folks as it's "collection" system is entirely RNG. The game is fine, but that aspect could be a massive deal breaker.

To be honest I haven't played any retail game this generation more than once or twice. Except of course for the multiplayer in certain games.

I would say most Rockstar games have some element of replay ability as well, but the OCD thing again.

When ever the console version of Binding of Isaac rolls around get that.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#6JRS511Posted 8/30/2013 5:28:54 PM
Splinter Cell Blacklist
---
GT/PSN - BULLETSandBLOOD
My skeleton is melting My soul is in flames.
#7DxZ99Posted 8/30/2013 5:53:25 PM
Warriors Orochi 3
---
What you know about Multiplayer. On that Goldeneye. On that 64?
#8shawnmckPosted 8/30/2013 6:37:36 PM
Dragon's Dogma
Resident Evil 5
Red Dead Redemption
Witcher 2
Diablo 3
Rayman: Legends
Dead Island: Riptide (semi-sequel to Dead Island)
Dark Souls

???
#9-Dark-Knight-(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 8:27:45 PM
shawnmck posted...
Dragon's Dogma
Resident Evil 5
Red Dead Redemption
Witcher 2
Diablo 3
Dark Souls

???

The two I like from this list is Dark Souls and Dead Island Riptide, but as I see it, dark souls might bring the inner OCD in me. I feel like it will be like skyrim, since they play almost the same. And I already played riptide and wasn't impressed.

I checked out mass effect and it looks great but I think that's not a game for someone with OCD. Or am I wrong?
#10CammyApplePosted 8/30/2013 8:30:09 PM
-Dark-Knight- posted...
shawnmck posted...
Dragon's Dogma
Resident Evil 5
Red Dead Redemption
Witcher 2
Diablo 3
Dark Souls

???

The two I like from this list is Dark Souls and Dead Island Riptide, but as I see it, dark souls might bring the inner OCD in me. I feel like it will be like skyrim, since they play almost the same. And I already played riptide and wasn't impressed.

I checked out mass effect and it looks great but I think that's not a game for someone with OCD. Or am I wrong?

They play nothing alike.

Mass Effect can cause problems if you are going for the "perfect file".
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.