This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Co-existence with Xbox One?

#1gundam911Posted 8/30/2013 6:28:34 PM
Does anyone here predict there will be a long period of co-existence between the Xbox 360 and Xbox One?

I do and I think a lot of games will be simultaneously released for the 7th generation consoles and their 8th generation counterparts (as far as Microsoft's and Sony's consoles are concerned).

I've read a few articles that claimed most casual gamers aren't going to upgrade to Xbox One and PS4 right away because a.) they're already satisfied with the PS3 and Xbox 360 which already offer games in HD and b.) the new consoles are only going to be a moderate step forward as far technical power is concerned, so it's not gonna be worth it to spend the hundreds of dollars just for moderate graphical improvements.

I think there's a good chance for the Wii U to sell well starting in the upcoming months, and I'd like to get it at some point when the time is right for me, but I'm not sure how great gamers will consider the PS4 and Xbox One to be.

I know I'm gonna wait a while before deciding if it's worth the money to upgrade to Xbox One and/or PS4 since I consider myself a casual gamer and I want to wait and see what the "best versions" of the consoles will be.

Seriously, it was very weird for Microsoft and Sony to produce so many different versions of their respective consoles during the 7th generation, so I think this time, people will wait and see for a bit until deciding which version is right for them.
#2GuideToTheDarkPosted 8/30/2013 6:36:12 PM
MS already said 360 still has at least 3 years of support. They're even coming out with a new model.
---
SHUTUPPU ANDE EAT! TOO BAD NO BON APPETIT!
#3C810Posted 8/30/2013 6:56:58 PM
GuideToTheDark posted...
MS already said 360 still has at least 3 years of support. They're even coming out with a new model.

My first thought when I read that was "******* hell, another redesign?", but then I remembered the "Stingray" rumors. So I imagine you're referring to that. Personally I think they should release it in a bundle with the One for like $550-600 if it really can hook up to the One. That way they can try and grab newcomers who might get a 360 instead of a One because it has a bigger library along with cheaper games
---
He has a robot body though, if he farted it would probably come out sounding like dubstep. - ISquat600lbs
#4GuideToTheDarkPosted 8/30/2013 7:41:02 PM
Or they could be Not Stupid and just make BC possible. If the hardware really is so much better, it shouldn't be hard to emulate a 360 on it.
---
SHUTUPPU ANDE EAT! TOO BAD NO BON APPETIT!
#5scoobydoobydontPosted 8/30/2013 9:09:22 PM
My 360 will exist by itself until One has BC. Not even considering it til then, if 360 is my last MS console so be it. Not interested in PS4 either. On the fence with Wii U.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#6Gunvalkyrie2Posted 8/30/2013 9:14:31 PM
tc, the wiiU will never sell well. it can't sell with no competition it' s certainly not gonna start now
---
This is a message board to express opinions, idiot.
#7Dragon NexusPosted 8/31/2013 9:28:47 AM
GuideToTheDark posted...
Or they could be Not Stupid and just make BC possible. If the hardware really is so much better, it shouldn't be hard to emulate a 360 on it.

A microwave cooks things like an oven does. So naturally I can cook pork chops in a microwave and get the same result, right?
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#8CammyApplePosted 8/31/2013 9:31:07 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
GuideToTheDark posted...

A microwave cooks things like an oven does. So naturally I can cook pork chops in a microwave and get the same result, right?

yodawgoven.jpg
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#9DrFeelgood1984Posted 8/31/2013 9:54:08 AM
One reason I got a PS3 so early this gen is because of backwards compatibility. I could get a PS3, and also keep playing my entire PS2 library. With neither console having this feature next gen, I see no reason to upgrade until at least 2015. GTA V isn't even out yet, and that will dominate my play time for at least a year. I also have plenty of other games to finish, so I've never been less excited for new consoles.
#10TheBlueStigPosted 8/31/2013 10:21:24 AM
There can be only one.

The X-Bone must die.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.