The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What should I play next before GTA5?

#1GawdDawgsPosted 8/31/2013 3:00:14 PM
Which game should I play between now and GTA5's release (9/17) - Results (88 votes)
Tomb Raider
36.36% (32 votes)
Max Payne 3
40.91% (36 votes)
Skyrim Dragonborn DLC
22.73% (20 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm trying to get some of my backlog finished before GTA5 comes out, and not sure what I should play next. I've been sitting on brand new copies of Tomb Raider and Max Payne 3 that I got for super cheap about a month ago.

Normally I'd have played them when I bought them, but I've been playing the Skyrim Legendary edition all summer. I pretty much finished all the main quests and the side quests I want to do, and the main thing I have left is the Dragonborn DLC. But, I'm a little tired of the game right now and sort of want to take a break from it. Not sure tho.

help me decide gamefaqs
---
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.
#2simonbelmont2Posted 8/31/2013 3:02:32 PM
It's a good idea to take a break from Skyrim after you've played it for a lengthy period, it's something I usually do and it helps keep the game fresh and interesting.

Tomb Raider is good and it doesn't take that long to complete, that is the game I would pick.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#3CrimsonCorpPosted 8/31/2013 3:17:55 PM(edited)
GTA 5 seems to be using the exact same gun-play used in Max Payne 3 Minus Shootdodging. So there's that.

Max Payne 3's writing is superb. The overall story isn't as amazing as MP1 and 2.

Purely in terms of gameplay, I give Max Payne 3 the edge. It's got more of a learning curve, but because of that, once you master the controls and bullet time, you are unstoppable. The final two levels are just incredible. It will test everything you've learned up to that point.

Tomb Raider is a great game too. with a decent narrative. But I personally don't find it to be the GOTY others see it as, but that's just me. The gameplay is pretty average, and there are a good deal of QTE's. but the Island's backstory is pretty darn interesting. The Island is probably the most interesting "character" outside of Lara.

You can't go wrong with either. Keep in mind, both games' mp have low population. MP3's mp is the better one, but still pretty average. It's all about the single player with these two games.
---
"In the grim darkness of the far future... there is only awesome"
#4darren19822000Posted 8/31/2013 3:24:09 PM
more skyrim more skyrim its like torture haha
---
gt darren reefnugs
#5DxZ99Posted 8/31/2013 4:54:39 PM
Max Payne 3.
I'm doing the same, and since GTA:V is going to have similar mechanics & style, I guess its a good warm up. Plus MP3 is still on sale for $9.99.
---
What you know about Multiplayer. On that Goldeneye. On that 64?
#6SEGA128DCPosted 8/31/2013 5:38:57 PM
Tomb Raider...

Hmm, I highly recommend playing Tomb Raider, it's an awesome game...
---
Rise from your grave...
#7Pacman2dxPosted 9/1/2013 1:27:05 AM
I'd tackle Max Payne 3 as it's great practice for what's to be expected from GTA V shooting mechanics. Or you could tackle Tomb Raider, I hear it's not that long so you might be able to kill two birds with one stone.
---
Fighting so hard to be heard, yet have nothing to say.
You talk of changing the masses, but forget those close to you.
#8GawdDawgs(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 9:22:56 AM
how long is each game?
---
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.
#9HambodiasPosted 9/1/2013 9:40:10 AM
GawdDawgs posted...
how long is each game?

I don't remember, but iirc it took me ~15 hours to 100% Tomb Raider, but im pretty sure the main campaign is 8 hours or so

idk about Max Payne 3. I feel like its longer but I am dying a lot more than I did in Tomb Raider so i am not to sure.
---
Dertbag Clothing
#10OverburdenedPosted 9/1/2013 9:53:12 AM
You have just over two weeks, can't you play a game you have without needing help to choose?
---
Obliteration never felt so divine._
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.