This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Assassin's Creed: Ezio is the only good protagonist?

#11DieMyBridePosted 9/2/2013 6:40:11 AM
Definitely liked Ezio the most. Connor was awful, just a boring jerk. I barely played AC1 so can't really say much for Altair.
#12G2584Posted 9/2/2013 6:45:10 AM
People say Ezio because they played him in 3 games.
---
Let's share a tall cup of Jesus.
#13Killah PriestPosted 9/2/2013 6:47:46 AM
Altair was my favorite assassins creed character.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#14Dragon NexusPosted 9/2/2013 7:01:49 AM
I liked Altair a little more after Revelations.
I got his emotional growth, and he had a proper character arc. A good character arc should be where at the end of the game you hadn't necessarily noticed how much they'd changed, but it becomes blatently obvious when you start again and see the characters don't match. Midna in Twilight Princess is a good example. Squall from FF8 is a bad example, dude changed his character in the time between swapping disk 2 with disk 3, literally.

But honestly, we were with Ezio for a wider scope of time, we were there since his birth, we were there when he was a wayward teenager, we saw him learn the trade, we saw him take revenge, grow up, mature and eventually become the defacto head of the brotherhood before eventually retiring.

He's more liked because we were on a journey with him from beginning to end. Altair...we were only with him for a short spell and didn't get enough time to know him as a person, just what he went through.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#15jaoman9Posted 9/2/2013 7:06:48 AM
wtf are you talking about Ezio is the only BAD protagonist his story is just boring crap
#16pitt12177Posted 9/2/2013 7:09:51 AM
It's subjective between Ezio and Altair. If you liked Connor, you're a weirdo.
#17NubaruPosted 9/2/2013 7:11:50 AM
Well I can't really speak for Altair since I haven't (Yet) played AC1, but my Favorite would be Ezio & Nathan Kenway as I despise Connor as a Character.
---
Don't Bulls*** a Bulls***ter. ~ Bryan Lee Cranston (Walter White)
#18GuideToTheDarkPosted 9/2/2013 7:14:12 AM
His name was Haytham, and he's the best character ever playable in an asscreed game.

Second best? The Doctor in brotherhood's multiplayer.
---
SHUTUPPU ANDE EAT! TOO BAD NO BON APPETIT!
#19bigshot2000Posted 9/2/2013 7:27:41 AM
connor was my least favourite assassin. At first he was good, but as the story continued I grew less fond of him. Haytham felt far better to play with, even during the bits where he and Connor teamed up.

Altair is a second favourite. Played through the first game, chronicles and bloodline. His grow and history were very appealing and fun to listen to.

Ezio is my favourite. watching him grow from a scrappy young lad to an old man (watched the movie short too) I felt an emotional tie to the character. Though I was not really interested in the story in revelations, all his other outings were great to play through.

Thats my thoughts anyway.
---
If 3DS is announced to be coming out in November
ShadowofStatue: I will pee, for the first time in my life T-Viral-X: You...YOU ARE INHUMAN!
#20TheWaitingPosted 9/2/2013 7:55:39 AM
I like all the assassins, though I can't comment on the girl from the vita game. But I did enjoy Connor a lot. I do see how some people could think he was dull. But I enjoyed his story. His story had more personal stakes than the other assassins it seemed.

I do have a feeling Edward kenway will be an awesome character.
---
GAMERTAG:SollessWarrior