This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games with Gold is an abomination

#1Swab18Posted 9/2/2013 5:32:59 AM
Would it kill them to give us a game that cost more than $8 used.

Seriously, Vegas is like $5 used. Crackdown is $3, Fable 3 is $6 at most places, Assassins Creed 2 is always around $8.

These are not huge savings. I would be happy with a PS+ route where they are a "rental" but you keep it as long as you have Gold. Then we could at least get some hidden gems that maybe you missed out on playing.
---
Sobenofear has a crush on me.
#2Pacman2dxPosted 9/2/2013 5:34:00 AM
Agreed, but sooner or later someone will tell you to quit complaining as a free game is a free game and doesn't merit complaint ..
---
Fighting so hard to be heard, yet have nothing to say.
You talk of changing the masses, but forget those close to you.
#3M_TollitsonPosted 9/2/2013 5:35:43 AM
Nice of you to leave off Dead Rising 2. I wouldn't want to prove myself wrong either tbh.
#4SunDevil77Posted 9/2/2013 5:36:43 AM
Love it. Can't enjoy a game if it doesn't cost a lot.
Game is good? NO! I won't play for free. I could buy that for cheap!
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#5Swab18(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2013 5:38:32 AM
M_Tollitson posted...
Nice of you to leave off Dead Rising 2. I wouldn't want to prove myself wrong either tbh.

Forgot about that one. I paid $10 for it used. I already own all of these games except for the arcade ones. It's been a joke. I don't want a $60 free game. I just wish we got some games that went unnoticed.

Vegas is 7 years old. It's a joke.
---
#6FocianPosted 9/2/2013 5:40:07 AM
There is little reason to complain here. You see, the free games are actually the only digital product that Microsoft is more than willing to refund!
---
GT/PSN: Focian
The measure of a life is a measure of love and respect; So hard to earn, so easily burned.
#7Swab18(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2013 5:43:51 AM
Focian posted...
There is little reason to complain here. You see, the free games are actually the only digital product that Microsoft is more than willing to refund!

I'd be more than happy with a rental service. It's working for Sony so it could work for MS as well. This was suppose to be their way of saying thanks to us gamers. Then they announce the games and it feels like they forgot a new month was beginning so they say 2 old games off the top of their head.
---
#8FocianPosted 9/2/2013 5:48:40 AM(edited)
Swab18 posted...
Focian posted...

I'd be more than happy with a rental service. It's working for Sony so it could work for MS as well. This was suppose to be their way of saying thanks to us gamers. Then they announce the games and it feels like they forgot a new month was beginning so they say 2 old games off the top of their head.

Age is no indication of quality. Who gives a damn how long it's been out? If the game is awesome (like Defense Grid) why would anyone complain about how long it's been out?!

Don't get me wrong, Sony's model for PSN+ is awesome! Absolutely decimates the "Free Games with Gold", but, lets be fair, nobody... Nobody buys Gold for the free games.

PSN+ is perfect for what it offers, but PSN in general does not offer the same features that make XBL Gold worth buying.

[EDIT: Just a random plug, if you have a Vita, buy a year of PSN+. It is so worth it for the console.]
---
GT/PSN: Focian
The measure of a life is a measure of love and respect; So hard to earn, so easily burned.
#9grimmdaddyPosted 9/2/2013 5:50:12 AM
they should do both, give away CURRENT GAMES but follow the psn model and give away OLD games no strings attached

In simple terms, Got gold? Get current( as long as your gold is active) and old (can be played without gold)
#10Swab18(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2013 5:51:30 AM
Focian posted...
Swab18 posted...
Focian posted...

Age is no indication of quality. Who gives a damn how long it's been out? If the game is awesome (like Defense Grid) why would anyone complain about how long it's been out?!

Don't get me wrong, Sony's model for PSN+ is awesome! Absolutely decimates the "Free Games with Gold", but, lets be fair, nobody... Nobody buys Gold for the free games.

PSN+ is perfect for what it offers, but PSN in general does not offer the same features that make XBL Gold worth buying.

Age demonstrates quality! Go back and play Vegas or Crackdown. They have not aged well at all! Sure we had good memories when they came out, but they don't play that great.

Gold is 10x better than PSN but the PSN just gave people Hitman Absolution "free" last month. A great game that most people haven't played. So if you made a game like this free it could peaks people's interest into buying another game in the series.
---