This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I am really pissed at Microsoft now

#1tigerhart94Posted 9/2/2013 5:39:43 AM
I wake up and decide to play Brutal Legend on my Xbox 360. I had to sign in and they wanted me to give them the email address I put it for. I can't sign in other wise. I do that and then they wanted "extra security". They think a hacker could take my stuff. What is the hacker going to do with my Xbox 360 account? Text message sure why not. I get that and then I needed to do it through my email and a bunch of other crap. It took me at least 30 minutes and now I can finally play the game. Thanks for reading my rant. Now I just want to say SCREW YOU MICROSOFT!!!!!

Also, has anyone else had this problem?
#2Swab18Posted 9/2/2013 5:41:11 AM
They did this to me it once. It took like 3 minutes to fix and I did it all from my phone.
---
Sobenofear has a crush on me.
#3FocianPosted 9/2/2013 5:42:24 AM
For every one topic of this nature that appears, two "MAI ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HAXXED" topics are not made.

Maybe...
---
GT/PSN: Focian
The measure of a life is a measure of love and respect; So hard to earn, so easily burned.
#4Pacman2dxPosted 9/2/2013 5:43:16 AM
Yeah, they really are scumbags for trying to help you better protect your account information.
---
Fighting so hard to be heard, yet have nothing to say.
You talk of changing the masses, but forget those close to you.
#5tigerhart94(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2013 5:50:38 AM
Pacman2dx posted...
Yeah, they really are scumbags for trying to help you better protect your account information.

What are they protecting? My email address? With the "extra security" hackers can now get my phone number which is still no big deal.
#6VeryDarkSoulPosted 9/2/2013 5:57:22 AM
microsoft retired security questions you need to add another e-mail, phone number, or something else as a security feature
---
Ron Paul 2012
#7Dragon NexusPosted 9/2/2013 5:57:40 AM
God yeah, this was SO annoying. They asked me to set things up and I had to actually remember information partaining to my own account!!

I mean it took me almost an entire second to remember that stuff! And then I had to make my account more secure of all things!! I wasted 3 minutes typing in that data and now my account is more secure than before. Thanks a bunch, Microsoft! BUNGLES!!!
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#8tigerhart94(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2013 6:00:46 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
God yeah, this was SO annoying. They asked me to set things up and I had to actually remember information partaining to my own account!!

I mean it took me almost an entire second to remember that stuff! And then I had to make my account more secure of all things!! I wasted 3 minutes typing in that data and now my account is more secure than before. Thanks a bunch, Microsoft! BUNGLES!!!

What makes it more secure? What is microsoft protecting?
#9LapanuiPosted 9/2/2013 6:13:05 AM
I'm always asked for it. The first few times I set it up on my alternative email address, but each time I log in, the security stuff comes up... I just cancel, log back in and it's fine.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#10ARsignal11Posted 9/2/2013 6:15:15 AM
tigerhart94 posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...

What makes it more secure? What is microsoft protecting?

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/14/fifa-loving-hackers-accessing-users-xbox-live-accounts-to-buy-d/