This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Went to Gamestop today and was told something interesting by the staff.

#1ImThe8thWonderPosted 9/2/2013 4:30:54 PM
I went there today to preorder GTAV since I remembered that I hadn't yet. Given how I have both the PS3 and the Xbox 360, I was a little stuck on which version I should get. Immediately, the 3 guys working there suddenly start telling me to get the PS3 version, and then they tell me of something.

They said that GTAV was going to have some sort of exclusivity with the PS3 (either DLC or full game, don't remember exactly what they said) and that Microsoft paid them a ridiculous figure to prevent it. They said that the PS3 version is cannon and that if you check the older posters, most of them only show "PS3" at the bottom and not "Xbox 360."

I couldn't really find any of the posters they were talking about, and honestly, I don't really believe this story one bit. This story of theirs is complete bull, right? Google isn't showing any proof of anything. Interestingly enough, those guys aren't Sony fanboys from what I know, so it's a little weird.
#2JACKBUTTMOMMYPosted 9/2/2013 4:38:55 PM
I for one had trouble following your story. I doubt there's any authenticity to it however. I would get it on the PS3 if I had one just to save HD space which I am lacking and making up for by deleting downloaded games or using USB sticks. I'm getting the Xbox 360 collect it's edition and will be fine with it, but I'm blowing out my box for fear of RRoD and pissed that I have to wait for a mandatory install b4 playing.
---
Please help support my community festival! It's for a good cause and tax-deductible!
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/reservoir-hill-music-festival/x/4474909
#3JamanjaxPosted 9/2/2013 4:41:20 PM
That's bull****.

You've gotta' take everything Gamestop employees tell you with a grain of salt.
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#4glassghost0Posted 9/2/2013 4:45:27 PM
A lot of Gamestop employees know nothing about games.

I was browsing one time after MW3 came out and the girl tried to tell me that the new map pack just came out for Modern Warfare 2 or Black Ops 1 can't remember which
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#5shawnmckPosted 9/2/2013 4:51:00 PM
The only real benefit the PS3 version will have over the XB 360 version is that it will be on one disc only.
The XB 360 version is likely to have two.

What gamestop told you sounds like BS to me.
#6SunDevil77Posted 9/2/2013 5:06:56 PM
Gotta imagine Rockstar isn't too happy with Sony after all their real/fake leaks of GTA
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#7flame030191Posted 9/2/2013 5:11:20 PM
R* has been going out of their way to partner with Sony a lot more recently. Look at how they're advertising GTA5. They constantly boast about the PS3 system bundle and the GTA5 Edition PS3 Pulse Headset. I wouldn't be surprised if they also have a deal with Sony for timed exclusive DLC, or if the game runs better on PS3.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
Call of Duty 2 is still the best of the series.
#8DarthOdinPosted 9/2/2013 5:11:22 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Gotta imagine Rockstar isn't too happy with Sony after all their real/fake leaks of GTA

If only they made it exclusive to xbox after what happened.
---
GT: Evil Metalbeast
#9SheepinatorPosted 9/2/2013 5:18:04 PM
SunDevil77 posted...

Gotta imagine Sony isn't too happy with Rockstar after claiming the PS3 exclusive Agent from Rockstar North was payment for GTAIV going to 360 same date as PS3, and Agent seems to have been all smoke and mirrors.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#10SunDevil77Posted 9/2/2013 5:19:18 PM
Sheepinator posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

Gotta imagine Sony isn't too happy with Rockstar after claiming the PS3 exclusive Agent from Rockstar North was payment for GTAIV going to 360 same date as PS3, and Agent seems to have been all smoke and mirrors.

Much unhappiness. Too much for such a gargantuan game
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539