This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Went to Gamestop today and was told something interesting by the staff.

#31Exodus_PrimePosted 9/3/2013 8:06:16 AM
The only thing PS3 had Exclusive was that if you bought it digitally you would get a discount on a deal on their PSN store....IGN reported done and done. And yes don't think Rockstar is too happy with them right now.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#32TheBlueStigPosted 9/3/2013 8:58:03 AM
Sheepinator posted...
flame030191 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Rockstar said a while back before Vice City came out that they would never do another system exclusive again, not even a time-based exclusive, it costs them money in lost sales.
So basically the GS employees were idiots.

Explain GTA4's DLC.

Or the excellent GTA Chinatown Wars on DS.

Chinatown Wars hit the PSP, so it wasn't DS exclusive. Both of the PSP "Stories" versions of GTA3 and Vice City also hit the PS2, so that wasn't exclusive either.

And which GTA4 DLC was exclusive? I don't remember hearing anything about that, and nothing extra is listed here on GameFAQs list as exclusive.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#33SheepinatorPosted 9/3/2013 10:10:54 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
Sheepinator posted...
flame030191 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Rockstar said a while back before Vice City came out that they would never do another system exclusive again, not even a time-based exclusive, it costs them money in lost sales.
So basically the GS employees were idiots.

Explain GTA4's DLC.

Or the excellent GTA Chinatown Wars on DS.

Chinatown Wars hit the PSP, so it wasn't DS exclusive. Both of the PSP "Stories" versions of GTA3 and Vice City also hit the PS2, so that wasn't exclusive either.

Chinatown Wars for PSP wasn't even announced to be in existence until 3 months after the game came out on DS, then it launched 7 months after the DS. That's what you call a "timed exclusive". Similar with GTAIV's DLC, rumored to be timed exclusive after MS gave them a big pile of cash for that.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#34SheepinatorPosted 9/3/2013 10:24:58 AM
Also around the time of GTAIV's release, Sony announced a coming PS3 exclusive from Rockstar, then in 2009 Take Two said this:

"Rockstar Games announced Agent, a new wholly owned intellectual property being developed exclusively for the PLAYSTATION®3 system by Rockstar North."

http://ir.take2games.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=86428&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1326504&highlight=
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.