This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Disc Tray Error-WTF!!!!

#1Ace_of_DuskPosted 9/2/2013 8:14:56 PM
This really pisses me off. I buy a brand new game and come home to play it, but no, the ****ing tray won't even work and I just wasted 3 hours trying to fix it with no solution. Can anybody help because I'm getting super agitated and am ready to take a god damn baseball bat to my Xbox 360.
---
"MAN I LOVE THE CORPS!"- Sgt. Apone
Xbox Live GT: Ace of Dusk
#2beautifuldreamsPosted 9/2/2013 8:36:29 PM
put the bat down. remember even in the worst case, an x360 with a bonked DVD-drive can still play your digital games (like all those games for gold)
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~
#3The_DOAMPosted 9/3/2013 1:47:09 PM
This is actually a common problem not as common as RROD but I still remember many complaints shortly after the 360 launched. My little brothers 360 also died this way it can still play digital content but that's about it the tray won't open automatically or read any disks. Not sure what it was called but it had a name.

Not sure which model you have but under the faceplate their should be a slot you can use a paper clip to pop open the disk drive.
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#4vipermckayPosted 9/3/2013 2:31:33 PM
I just give mine a light chop by the hard drive side. Opens every time.
---
"Hank if you're steering then who's taking off your shirt!!!" -Dale Gribble
#5Killah PriestPosted 9/3/2013 2:44:06 PM
lubricate the gears and the little [rubber?] band, just make sure it dries a bit so the band catches when the plastic spins.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.