This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Sleeping Dogs worth a buy at $15

#1SkilzMCPosted 9/2/2013 9:30:45 PM
To give you a place to judge from, I my favorite open world action game at this point would be AC2, I found GTA IV too repetitive.
---
"I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn't have one, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC
#2GrandTh3ftAutoPosted 9/2/2013 9:32:51 PM
AC2 and GTAIV are nothing alike so I don't know why you brought that up, but yes it is worth it, it's a very underrated game.
---
Gamertag: Doctor Dayman
PSN: Doctor-Dayman
#3Dark_SpiretPosted 9/2/2013 9:34:04 PM
considering its one of best open world games released this gen...sure, get it.
---
Currently playing: Saints Row 4 - Spelunky - The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
#4SkilzMC(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2013 9:34:25 PM
GrandTh3ftAuto posted...
AC2 and GTAIV are nothing alike so I don't know why you brought that up, but yes it is worth it, it's a very underrated game.

Mostly in the fact they're 3rd person open world action games, but if I'm going to play a game 20+ hours it needs to be more varied than a GTA IV.
---
"I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn't have one, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC
#5simonbelmont2Posted 9/2/2013 9:35:54 PM
Sleeping Dogs is a really good game and fairly underrated, it's one of the last games I payed full price for when it was released and it was worth it. Getting it for $15 is a bargain.

The combat is very good and the game also has a good story.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#6simonbelmont2Posted 9/2/2013 9:38:44 PM
SkilzMC posted...
GrandTh3ftAuto posted...

Mostly in the fact they're 3rd person open world action games, but if I'm going to play a game 20+ hours it needs to be more varied than a GTA IV.

I don't remember the gameplay in Sleeping Dogs being that varied to be honest. It focuses more on the story missions and there isn't that much to do otherwise, you have a few fight clubs and racing but that's about it. Its been a while since I played it though so my memory is a bit foggy.
---
#7SheepinatorPosted 9/2/2013 9:39:01 PM
It's a good open world game with a decent story. It isn't super long though, I got 1000GS in maybe 25 hours. The combat is often hand to hand and has a Batman feel to it, though not quite as varied. The car handling isn't great but it's good enough.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#8simonbelmont2Posted 9/2/2013 9:40:38 PM
It's also worth mentioning the game doesn't have much replay value. I love it and I'd play it again because I like it so much but if you want new stuff you'll have to buy the DLC.
---
#9elitemegamanXPosted 9/2/2013 9:50:57 PM
Sleeping Dogs is waaaaayyy better than GTA IV
---
After 10 years of Gamefaqs, finally made it on the character battle leaderboards, life well spent!
http://i.imgur.com/m3v4Nte.jpg
#10__Stewa__Posted 9/2/2013 9:59:49 PM
Considering its been under 10 on Steam I'd say maybe. It's what I hope GTA V shall be and more. Get it on amazon for PC it's on sale for less I believe.