This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Sleeping Dogs worth a buy at $15

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Is Sleeping Dogs worth a buy at $15

User Info: SkilzMC

SkilzMC
3 years ago#1
To give you a place to judge from, I my favorite open world action game at this point would be AC2, I found GTA IV too repetitive.
"I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn't have one, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC

User Info: GrandTh3ftAuto

GrandTh3ftAuto
3 years ago#2
AC2 and GTAIV are nothing alike so I don't know why you brought that up, but yes it is worth it, it's a very underrated game.
Gamertag: Doctor Dayman
PSN: Doctor-Dayman

User Info: Dark_Spiret

Dark_Spiret
3 years ago#3
considering its one of best open world games released this gen...sure, get it.
Currently playing: Saints Row 4 - Spelunky - The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing

User Info: SkilzMC

SkilzMC
3 years ago#4
GrandTh3ftAuto posted...
AC2 and GTAIV are nothing alike so I don't know why you brought that up, but yes it is worth it, it's a very underrated game.

Mostly in the fact they're 3rd person open world action games, but if I'm going to play a game 20+ hours it needs to be more varied than a GTA IV.
"I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn't have one, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC

User Info: simonbelmont2

simonbelmont2
3 years ago#5
Sleeping Dogs is a really good game and fairly underrated, it's one of the last games I payed full price for when it was released and it was worth it. Getting it for $15 is a bargain.

The combat is very good and the game also has a good story.
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him

simonbelmont2
3 years ago#6
SkilzMC posted...
GrandTh3ftAuto posted...

Mostly in the fact they're 3rd person open world action games, but if I'm going to play a game 20+ hours it needs to be more varied than a GTA IV.

I don't remember the gameplay in Sleeping Dogs being that varied to be honest. It focuses more on the story missions and there isn't that much to do otherwise, you have a few fight clubs and racing but that's about it. Its been a while since I played it though so my memory is a bit foggy.

User Info: Sheepinator

Sheepinator
3 years ago#7
It's a good open world game with a decent story. It isn't super long though, I got 1000GS in maybe 25 hours. The combat is often hand to hand and has a Batman feel to it, though not quite as varied. The car handling isn't great but it's good enough.
My mad face and my happy face are the same.

simonbelmont2
3 years ago#8
It's also worth mentioning the game doesn't have much replay value. I love it and I'd play it again because I like it so much but if you want new stuff you'll have to buy the DLC.

User Info: elitemegamanX

elitemegamanX
3 years ago#9
Sleeping Dogs is waaaaayyy better than GTA IV
After 10 years of Gamefaqs, finally made it on the character battle leaderboards, life well spent!
http://i.imgur.com/m3v4Nte.jpg

User Info: __Stewa__

__Stewa__
3 years ago#10
Considering its been under 10 on Steam I'd say maybe. It's what I hope GTA V shall be and more. Get it on amazon for PC it's on sale for less I believe.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Is Sleeping Dogs worth a buy at $15

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived