This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worst thing about gaming today?

#71Seanie1200Posted 9/4/2013 6:21:16 AM
To all you on here who have said the worst thing about gaming being gamers complaining I assume you have never found a single fault with any game you have played. Before the internet if games were broken it was down to the letters page of your favourite gaming magazine and the gaming communitites voice was very quiet. Broken games stayed broken and companies got away with things because there was no real consequence or backlash.

With the advent of the internet gamers can come together and let companies know how they feel about things they don't like or things that break games and they can shout with a much louder voice. Do you think MS would have done so many u-turns withe the xbox one if the gaming community had not come together on the net to tell MS what they thought of things that were to come?

Granted, things can get over the top and minor gripes get turned in to the worst thing that has ever happened in the history of the world but if we gamers just sat back and said everything was rosy nothing would ever change. We could all stop buying games altogether but that's not going to happen. Besides, it is fine to complain about something as long as you are constructive. I don't like the way cgi has taken the place of good storytelling in a lot of films. It doesn't mean I dont like movies though.
#72UchihaShinobiPosted 9/4/2013 6:31:46 AM
The horrible community ---> fanboys ---> LoL community
#73HouseOfBladesPosted 9/4/2013 6:35:33 AM
The amount of 10 year olds on a mature rated game online. -_-;;
#74namewitheldPosted 9/8/2013 12:56:44 AM
1) Load times on consoles - 30+ seconds is common.

2) Random disc read errors on the 360.

3) Biowares descent into mediocrity.

4) People complaining about people complaining about games.

5) DLC that is an hour long or less. Tonnes of games do this now.
#75CammyApplePosted 9/8/2013 1:03:05 AM
namewitheld posted...

Cite examples of number one.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#76LightbornePosted 9/8/2013 1:09:03 AM
flame030191 posted...
Let's face it, there's a lot wrong with gaming today. From endless pointless DLC, multiple patches, boring missions, and more, there's a lot to not like.

To me, the worst of all is when a game tries to treat you like you're stupid. For example, I remember when Magna Carta 2 started up, they actually explained what color each button should be when you went through the tutorial. Not many games go that far, but that aggravated me. One of the more common offenses is in action games, such as Assassin's Creed and God of War. Whenever you get somewhere, the game shows what needs to be done. This is fine and dandy, show us the objective. However, when they show you the exact path that needs to be taken, and repeatedly show it to you, some games even show it slower or with more detail (especially if they give written/spoken hints), then it's too far. Show us an idea of where to go, and let us figure it out is what I'd rather have.

Thoughts? Other things you find worse?

This is why I play indie games now like terraria or thundermoon I'm done with mainstream gaming unless its something like batman, tomb raider, dmc, or something truly worth my money

Indies are proving to have way more content, gameplay, and depth.
#77LightbornePosted 9/8/2013 1:11:37 AM
chrcol posted...
LadyYachiru posted...
People who complain about gaming today but still game anyways.

just because complain doesnt mean have to stop gaming.

There's always pc, mmos, steam, psn, xbla and the list goes on.
#78namewitheldPosted 9/8/2013 1:27:59 AM
CammyApple posted...
namewitheld posted...

Cite examples of number one.

Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout NV, Forza 4

Cite examples of talking to someone with human decency rather than making demands.