This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I played Magic 2013 today. It was really boring.

#31grimmdaddyPosted 9/4/2013 3:39:01 AM
See what this game needs is a little mode call prison rules, it would only be activated when the following occurs "Whoa whoa, hang on a sec, what did you play?" so they can react accordingly." After happens you have the opportunity to knock their entire hand onto the floor or you press random buttons on your control during their hand and the screen shakes like ncaa......also should have added some breasts of some sort just to have something to look at during the boring moments
#32stawg007Posted 9/4/2013 3:40:39 AM
UltimaKeyMaster posted...
stawg007 posted...
My main issue with it is how damn slow it is

If I select an action I want it done immediately, c'mon, it's not exactly a game pushing the 360 to its limits, a card game where the moves take forever to perform is a huge no no

It's supposed to have a couple-second wait timer so the other player is able to go "Whoa whoa, hang on a sec, what did you play?" so they can react accordingly.
I like how relaxed it is compared to, say, Yu-Gi-Oh having a billion different monster effects and only pausing (even against the computer in the video games) when you have to hit a button to pause the turn and look around the field instead of actually giving you time to see just what the hell you got swarmed with.

For someone who's played Yu-Gi-Oh for a long time, video game wise, I'm liking the entire change of pace that Magic is.

If this was multiplayer then yes but I'm referring to single player, the ai should be able to react immediately and therefore not need the wait timer
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#33mabber_IIIPosted 9/4/2013 4:31:34 AM
my only problem with the game is how slow it is

it desperately needs a speed up button

you can make the duels go faster by turning off battle animations in options
#34AndyJoe89Posted 9/4/2013 4:42:28 AM
GGearX posted...
orangenee posted...
GGearX posted...
Yeah, played it too,

yu gi oh is wayyyyy better, it's not as dorky as magic.

In what way is it not as dorky? Anime = dorky. Cards = dorky. Magic related = dorky.

If anything it's more dorky.

Yugioh is cool, like digimon, or pokemon.

magic is so dumb and obscure.

So, the oldest trading card game that possibly has the biggest and most loyal fanbase is the most obscure? HA!
---
He's not your average Joe. AndyJoe89 has been unlocked!
You donít have time to ponder such questions, as Munchlax has just eaten a Smash Ball!!!
#35zinsindettaPosted 9/4/2013 5:00:56 AM
Go pew pew pew something and leave the thinking to us adult gamers.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#36grimmdaddyPosted 9/4/2013 5:06:28 AM
Yeah if it's to slow for you punk kids go play dead rising, you get a nice time limit and to make it more exciting you get to move slow
#37pothocketPosted 9/4/2013 5:12:55 AM(edited)
I read a topic about MtG today. It was really boring.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson