This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever felt bad for killing someone in a game? POSSIBLE SPOILERS

#1SirT3RDPosted 9/3/2013 7:36:09 PM
I know it is only a video game but IMO what someone is capable of doing in a game in a certain contextual situation, they could be capable of doing in real life and feeling the same remorse or lack of remorse.
#2__Stewa__Posted 9/3/2013 7:38:29 PM
Heavy Rain spoilers

The Shark trial was intense, having to kill the man was tough.
#3moondog84Posted 9/3/2013 7:39:13 PM
The horse falling down into the ravine on Shadow of the Collossus. I know it was only a cutscene, but I felt bad.
---
Spaceballs the Signature
#4GuideToTheDarkPosted 9/3/2013 7:43:05 PM
I think the one time I was any kind of disturbed by a situation was in the cannibal quest in Skyrim. I thought I was just joining some friendly people, then...yeesh.
---
SHUTUPPU ANDE EAT! TOO BAD NO BON APPETIT!
#5bigbenrfan99Posted 9/3/2013 7:46:02 PM
Heavy Rain
Demon's Souls
Dark Souls
---
F*** the Ravens Forevermore!
#6SunDevil77Posted 9/3/2013 7:52:39 PM
I felt really bad after killing one of the doctors in the end of The Last of Us.
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#7TheBlueStigPosted 9/3/2013 7:55:43 PM
SirT3RD posted...
I know it is only a video game but IMO what someone is capable of doing in a game in a certain contextual situation, they could be capable of doing in real life and feeling the same remorse or lack of remorse.

Bull. F***ing. S***.

Just because someone is capable of killing a fictional character in a videogame does NOT correlate in any way with what they're capable of doing in real life.

Stop watching CNN, they're full of s*** when it comes to Games vs Violence, they're making s*** up as they go along.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#8SirT3RD(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 7:58:02 PM
If you are capable of killing someone in a video game, you are capable of killing someone in real life. The only thing that matters is context.
#9TheBlueStigPosted 9/3/2013 8:00:27 PM
SirT3RD posted...
If you are capable of killing someone in a video game, you are capable of killing someone in real life. The only thing that matters is context.

100% false.

It's called knowing the difference between fantasy and reality, apparently YOU have a problem with that.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#10GuideToTheDarkPosted 9/3/2013 8:02:38 PM
bigbenrfan99 posted...
Heavy Rain
Demon's Souls
Dark Souls

Oh right, Priscilla! Sorry lady, but I need the weapons.
---
SHUTUPPU ANDE EAT! TOO BAD NO BON APPETIT!