This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever felt bad for killing someone in a game? POSSIBLE SPOILERS

#61BigLongDownerPosted 9/4/2013 2:02:55 PM
SirT3RD posted...
If you are capable of killing someone in a video game, you are capable of killing someone in real life. The only thing that matters is context.

I lol'd.

But seriously, if one can't separate a game from reality then they need to find another hobby.
---
GT - The Grunge Guy
#62glassghost0Posted 9/4/2013 2:04:28 PM
BigLongDowner posted...
SirT3RD posted...
If you are capable of killing someone in a video game, you are capable of killing someone in real life. The only thing that matters is context.

I lol'd.

But seriously, if one can't separate a game from reality then they need to find another hobby.

But that's not what he's saying....
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#63vgsrulePosted 9/4/2013 2:50:23 PM
glassghost0 posted...
BigLongDowner posted...
SirT3RD posted...

I lol'd.

But that's not what he's saying....

There's nothing else he COULD be saying.

He isn't saying that it's possible to perform the same action in real life and feel no remorse.

He's saying that being able to kill someone in a game makes you more capable of killing in real life, which is completely stupid for reasons that should be obvious (ruining many people's, and very potentially your own life, versus nothing beyond feeling bad for 5 minutes).

If that's not what he meant, and he wasn't trolling, then he wouldn't have bailed on the topic.
---
http://backloggery.com/khff123
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/A_Metal_Pipe
#64orangeneePosted 9/4/2013 2:55:50 PM
Sis from Alpha Protocol. I was quite happy capping everyone else in the game but her not so much.
---
How to divide by Zero: Find person named Zero, get him/her to divide something.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#65masblasPosted 9/4/2013 6:28:49 PM
No of course not it's just a video game it's not real. I mean I guess I could understand how people do get emotionally invested sometimes but being a virtual murder is a lot of fun. Go play Manhunt.
#66thekozmicpigPosted 9/4/2013 6:37:33 PM
Somewhere, in Dinosaur Land, there is a giant pit filled with a metric ton of Yoshi corpses.

I...I...needed that jump boost!
---
Feels like the depths of hell were unleashed upon my ass. - nivlac_rebuats
#67EagleEyedTigerPosted 9/4/2013 6:58:26 PM
I was playing Actraiser once when I was a kid. Decide to cause an eartquake that destroyed the nice little town my worshippers were building and immediately felt horrible about it. I started tearing up and asking them to forgive me. It was pretty pathetic.
---
GT/PSN:BigKhoJones
Demonstrate Engage Nurture Neglect Inspire Separate
#68zymmysPosted 9/4/2013 7:18:58 PM
julies in saints row 2
---
Work smarter Not harder