This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

'Heavy Rain' was turned down by Microsoft over child kidnapping story

#1velvet_hammerPosted 9/3/2013 9:20:30 PM
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a512356/heavy-rain-was-turned-down-by-microsoft-over-child-kidnapping-story.html

very interesting.. If they loved Indigo Prophecy so much they just should have went with it.. That game took plenty of risks
---
People that approve of this video 10 & counting!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEPtCLAubaw
#2HambodiasPosted 9/3/2013 9:23:06 PM
no loss at all. that game was ass
---
Dertbag Clothing
#3glassghost0Posted 9/3/2013 9:25:19 PM
I call BS
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#4Spartangod777Posted 9/4/2013 4:30:42 AM
Story was so-so, but thats left to personal opinion. Gameplay...well there really wasn't anything more than QTE the entire game, and minor interactions with things in the world. Visuals were mediocre. Also...

JASON!
---
Nothing important to say here.
#5melvin343Posted 9/4/2013 4:32:54 AM
Microsoft passed on an innovative game. They didn't want to give a chance to a game that dared to be different.
Child kidnapping themes is just an excuse. There are plenty of movies about it. As long as it is serious and made with respect, I don't see a problem.
Plus, it's not like video games were recognized for promoting gratuitous violence, RIGHT.
Cage is interesting to have in the industry, but his ideas are generally terrible. And I'm pretty sure he's telling us about Microsoft passing on HR in order to make himself look edgy and I didn't like Heavy Rain due to QTE and I'm not getting Beyond Two Souls for a 10 hour game and The Last of Us blow this crap of a game anyways.
---
Brad Pitt, There's no silencer on that shotgun. How are you supposed to kill anyone softly without a silencer?
XBOX GT: Player1mj117. PSN: playmaker45.
#6Enix BelmontPosted 9/4/2013 4:37:30 AM
What, they actually liked Indigo Prophecy? Clearly they didn't beat it, cause that game goes ****ing nuts by the end. Like, Highlander 2 nuts. In a bad way.

Heavy rain sucks too. Beyond two souls has good actors but we'll see. My guess is it'll suck
---
'Come fight beside me,' I said to myself, and although it doesn't make sense, I held my own hand as a small sign of trust, and together I made my defense.
#7CyricsServantPosted 9/4/2013 4:44:51 AM
Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy were both great. MS' loss.
#8stawg007Posted 9/4/2013 4:46:26 AM
Not much of a loss imo

Can't stand interactive movies, Beyond looks just as bad, it will likely make a great watch but as a game it looks horrendous
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#9DawgwoodPosted 9/4/2013 5:10:34 AM
I thought Heavy Rain was worth a play because it had such a different type of feel to it. The problem was that it wasn't really fun to play because it was so different. I'd still recommend it because it was interesting, but it's a shame that interesting didn't equal fun as well....and yeah.........

JASON!
---
I've made a huge mistake...
#10scoobydoobydontPosted 9/4/2013 5:32:04 AM
This is a trend with MS, unfortunately. I don't have many nice things to say about Sony, but I can admit they treat games more as art and will take more risks than MS.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png