This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Biggest betrayal this gen from an NPC --everything spoilers--

#1pothocketPosted 9/4/2013 6:28:18 AM
Name the betrayal that had the biggest impact on you as the player and why. Also, for safety's sake: first post the game you're talking about, leave yourself a few blank lines, and then talk about the game. Like this...

Portal 2

Freaking Wheatley. I was invested in him as a funny character and loved all the moments with him during the first Act. I let my guard down and accepted him as a "friend", and then the betrayal happened. It was ugly and I hated seeing that side of his personality. The character I trusted to always have a silly line was now trying to hurt me :(
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#2grimmdaddyPosted 9/4/2013 6:32:28 AM
Dead Rising 2

Katey not having any money of her own and forcing me to play the role of caring parent, what happened to the small fortune we left the desert with?
#3GGearXPosted 9/4/2013 6:37:43 AM
Bioshock wins.

That twist will be forever remembered.
---
GT- NEON Knlght
..........I-I'm a very shyyy guy, I-I'm sorry ....... *blushes *
#4casedawgzPosted 9/4/2013 6:38:40 AM
Dmitri Rascalov.
---
Official Justin Gabriel mark of the PWB
#5SunDevil77Posted 9/4/2013 6:44:39 AM
Modern Warfare 2. Shepard.

Poor Ghost. T_T
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#6vigorm0rtisPosted 9/4/2013 6:53:20 AM
GGearX posted...
Bioshock wins.

This is probably the best answer.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#7pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 7:16:40 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
GGearX posted...
Bioshock wins.

Bioshock spoilers

Except I don't think players are supposed to actually care about Atlas or his family. It's part of the whole bainwashing thing. As a player we're self aware that we're in a linear game and have no choice but to do what the quest giver says so we just go along with it. That's what makes the twist so great because we question the way we play games. It doesn't have the same impact if we're helping Atlas because we're genuinely concerned for his family.

Maybe others actually were invested in helping Atlas and his family. I know I wasn't.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#8GGearXPosted 9/4/2013 7:37:10 AM
pothocket posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...
GGearX posted...
Bioshock wins.

Bioshock spoilers

Except I don't think players are supposed to actually care about Atlas or his family. It's part of the whole bainwashing thing. As a player we're self aware that we're in a linear game and have no choice but to do what the quest giver says so we just go along with it. That's what makes the twist so great because we question the way we play games. It doesn't have the same impact if we're helping Atlas because we're genuinely concerned for his family.

Maybe others actually were invested in helping Atlas and his family. I know I wasn't.

Personally I followed his directions because I thought I could use him to get out of rapture
, boy was I angry when the twist happened, and I had to kill Ryan in first person because I had no choice.
---
GT- NEON Knlght
..........I-I'm a very shyyy guy, I-I'm sorry ....... *blushes *
#9MR_SorenPosted 9/4/2013 8:04:24 AM(edited)
Patches in Dark Souls.

Dude tries flipping a bridge when you're on it, and later kicks you into a dark pit full of monsters when you're one ladder away from the Tomb of Giants bonfire. What a jerk!
---
Blog: .............. http://red-grenade.com
Gamertag: .... rjcarello
#10liquidblue4Posted 9/4/2013 8:29:03 AM
Metro Last Light.

We were bros... I saved you...
---
Do you like beer?
https://www.facebook.com/WvBeerGuide