This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Microsoft banned my console.

#1knightoffire55Posted 9/4/2013 11:50:25 AM
I went to the bank and cancelled my credit card and got a new one because they kept charging me from Gold after I had turn auto-renewal off. I tried deleting my credit card and I got the message "An outstanding balance exists on this payment instrument. Please try again later." So the only thing I could do was cancel my credit card and get a new one. I also reversed the charge for Gold.

I turn on my Xbox and try to sign into live and it tells me I've been banned permanently. I really don't care anymore especially since they got my credit card details illegitimately.
---
Enough is enough I have had it with these motherf****ing vampires in this motherf****ing rain.
#2rincewind1990Posted 9/4/2013 11:53:50 AM
How did they get your credit card details illegitimately?
#3knightoffire55(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2013 11:56:20 AM
I bought some stuff from the Microsoft Store a while back and I guess that's where they got my credit card from.
---
Enough is enough I have had it with these motherf****ing vampires in this motherf****ing rain.
#4sonicteam2k1Posted 9/4/2013 11:57:30 AM
damn that's crappy
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#5pothocketPosted 9/4/2013 12:02:19 PM
Do have any evidence of when you turned off auto-renew or that MS was continuing to charge you after you had opted out of auto-renew? Is there content on your harddrive that you've purchased but are now locked out of?
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#6orangeneePosted 9/4/2013 12:02:46 PM
knightoffire55 posted...
I bought some stuff from the Microsoft Store a while back and I guess that's where they got my credit card from.

Then it wasn't illegitimately obtained, just illegitimately charged.

I'd have called them and sorted the issue out. You are now liable for the charges, whether or not they charged you for a fault at their end.
---
How to divide by Zero: Find person named Zero, get him/her to divide something.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#7MachineZedPosted 9/4/2013 12:20:25 PM
Couple of things, banning a console is not the same as an account. Next it isn't permanent, if you pay back the balance due you will get un-suspended.

But I guess that is also how we jump to illegitimately getting your credit card from giving it to them...
#8TheBlueStigPosted 9/4/2013 12:37:22 PM
MachineZed posted...
Couple of things, banning a console is not the same as an account. Next it isn't permanent, if you pay back the balance due you will get un-suspended.

But I guess that is also how we jump to illegitimately getting your credit card from giving it to them...

Hardware bans are permanent, they never get reversed.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#9glassghost0Posted 9/4/2013 12:41:22 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
MachineZed posted...

Hardware bans are permanent, they never get reversed.

He didn't say they weren't
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#10glassghost0Posted 9/4/2013 12:42:13 PM
Also, TC is making stuff up

They can't auto renew your Gold if you didn't buy Gold in the first place.
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122