This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Microsoft banned my console.

#21orangeneePosted 9/5/2013 7:19:48 AM
darkhare posted...
orangenee posted...
knightoffire55 posted...
I bought some stuff from the Microsoft Store a while back and I guess that's where they got my credit card from.

Then it wasn't illegitimately obtained, just illegitimately charged.

I'd have called them and sorted the issue out. You are now liable for the charges, whether or not they charged you for a fault at their end.

sounds to me like he bought more than the amount of $ he had on his card, and him being permanently banned is Ms locking his console for non-payment and him not ever planning to pay them back.

Turns out he got an account suspension which will remain in place until the balance is paid, his fault or not.
---
How to divide by Zero: Find person named Zero, get him/her to divide something.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#22thekozmicpigPosted 9/5/2013 7:37:55 AM
RockguyKev posted...
It was easier for you to cancel a credit card and get a new one than it was for you to pick up a phone and call MS support?

Seems legit.

Principles man. Now MS ain't never getting his cash!

Yeah, he might have had to pay fees regarding card cancellation and activation, but he totally stuck it to MS! That'll show 'em for not making auto-renewal cancellation easier!
---
Feels like the depths of hell were unleashed upon my ass. - nivlac_rebuats
#23scoobydoobydontPosted 9/5/2013 7:43:22 AM
knightoffire55 posted...
I went to the bank and cancelled my credit card and got a new one because they kept charging me from Gold after I had turn auto-renewal off.

Stopped reading there. Nice try.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#24orangeneePosted 9/5/2013 8:00:57 AM
thekozmicpig posted...
RockguyKev posted...
It was easier for you to cancel a credit card and get a new one than it was for you to pick up a phone and call MS support?

Seems legit.

Principles man. Now MS ain't never getting his cash!

Yeah, he might have had to pay fees regarding card cancellation and activation, but he totally stuck it to MS! That'll show 'em for not making auto-renewal cancellation easier!

They could actually sue him technically and win. I doubt they actually would though.
---
#25WinternovaPosted 9/5/2013 8:34:54 AM
orangenee posted...
They could actually sue him technically and win. I doubt they actually would though.

It's not worth Microsoft's time to take a user to small claims court for such a minuscule amount. They'd spend more money on 15 minutes of their lawyers' time than they'd get back from any user in a situation like this.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#26fallangePosted 9/5/2013 8:35:31 AM
And after all the holes in his story were pointed out, the TC was never heard of again.
---
have you heard the news?
the dogs are dead!
#27simonbelmont2Posted 9/5/2013 8:35:48 AM
fallange posted...
And after all the holes in his story were pointed out, the TC was never heard of again.

---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#28orangeneePosted 9/5/2013 8:57:07 AM
Winternova posted...
orangenee posted...

It's not worth Microsoft's time to take a user to small claims court for such a minuscule amount. They'd spend more money on 15 minutes of their lawyers' time than they'd get back from any user in a situation like this.

It's why I said I doubt they actually would, just that they'd have a good case if they did. Our silly TC did it completely wrong and lost an account for it.
---
#29darkharePosted 9/5/2013 9:00:38 AM
orangenee posted...
darkhare posted...
orangenee posted...
knightoffire55 posted...
I bought some stuff from the Microsoft Store a while back and I guess that's where they got my credit card from.

Then it wasn't illegitimately obtained, just illegitimately charged.

I'd have called them and sorted the issue out. You are now liable for the charges, whether or not they charged you for a fault at their end.

sounds to me like he bought more than the amount of $ he had on his card, and him being permanently banned is Ms locking his console for non-payment and him not ever planning to pay them back.

Turns out he got an account suspension which will remain in place until the balance is paid, his fault or not.

sounds bout right, I can usually spot a dead-beat trying to get out of paying their bill a mile away.

---
The future of Console Gaming, are the gamers. vote with your $!
#30zing310Posted 9/9/2013 8:06:52 PM
Man people are jerks on here. He got put into a crappy situation and everyone is yelling at him and telling him it's his fault. Even if it is his fault you don't have to be so mean about it.