This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Twitches and other physical reactions to playing games

#1Xian042Posted 9/5/2013 8:45:14 AM
Hey gang. Sometimes when Iím in a really intense moment in a game and Iím hyper focused I get this weird twitch in my jaw and tongue, it makes me want to rapidly open and close my mouth, almost like Iím saying ďyeah yeah yeah yeahĒ over and over. Weird, I know. It can actually be distracting and I try to squash it so I can concentrate.
Iíve noticed other gamers that have other head and body twitches while playing intense multiplayer games.
Have any of you developed twitches while playing games or know anyone thatís had this? Anyone hear of twitches getting worse the more you play?
---
Ouch! What do you do?
#2DarthOdinPosted 9/5/2013 8:46:40 AM
No. Go see a doctor.
---
GT: Evil Metalbeast
#3Joke AccountPosted 9/5/2013 9:19:55 AM
DarthOdin posted...
No. Go see a doctor.
#4Xian042(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 10:03:26 AM
K thanks
---
Ouch! What do you do?
#5orangeneePosted 9/5/2013 10:05:40 AM
I only get twitchy because I drink a crap ton of coffee and smoke. Never because of a game.
---
How to divide by Zero: Find person named Zero, get him/her to divide something.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#6WinternovaPosted 9/5/2013 10:14:52 AM
People have noticed that I rock back and forth when I'm playing games...it's a strange habit, but nothing to worry about.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#7georgiaboy11Posted 9/5/2013 4:15:51 PM
The only thing I can say I do is when playing a game with driving/racing, I tend to lean slightly in the direction I'm heading in game.
---
That's what she said. - Steve Carell
#8TimeShinigamiPosted 9/5/2013 7:09:14 PM
Almost sounds like a Petit Mal seizure. I had a buddy have one playing Goldeneye back in the day, he started making an "unbuttoning collar" motion over and over again with his left hand at his neck, got a thousand yard stare on his face.
---
Not changing this sig until the Detroit Lions win the Super Bowl.
GT- ShinigamiOfTime
#9Splice_Posted 9/5/2013 8:14:05 PM
I'm told I make a face
#10Matt_256Posted 9/5/2013 8:57:44 PM
georgiaboy11 posted...
The only thing I can say I do is when playing a game with driving/racing, I tend to lean slightly in the direction I'm heading in game.

I do that sometimes too. Even in shooters when I'm couching behind cover enduring heavy fire I sometimes catch myself ducking with my character on screen.