This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This guy from 343 Industries needs a slap on the face.

#1kill_distroyPosted 9/7/2013 7:36:22 AM
So this guy who's a designer at 343 Industries has made some remarks about Metal Gear Solid V. It's mainly about the Female Character appearing in MGSV called Quiet. Here's a picture of her: http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/japanese/img/info/q01_6x9.jpg

Now it is true that she is wearing a lot of revealing clothes, but that isn't surprising at all seeing as this has always been the case with the girls in Metal Gear. But I really don't care about that.

First, here is the tweet from the guy, he is called David Ellis.
Don't care if this gets me in trouble. This character design is disgusting. Our industry should be better than this.
and then he linked the image I posted above.

Anyone see the problem here? No? You guys remember Cortana? Notice anything different about her in Halo 4 after 343 Industries took over? Notice the huge boobs she has in Halo 4? Notice how "sexualized" she is in Halo 4 while she was pretty much normal in the other Halo games?

Talk about irony......
---
Words That Kill
GT: Risev / PSN: RisevQ8
#2SparkItUpPosted 9/7/2013 7:42:05 AM
It is disgusting....She is clearly made up to look like a whore more so than sexy or erotic.
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...
#3simonbelmont2Posted 9/7/2013 7:44:37 AM
Yeah, I saw those comments on Gamespot, I find it funny the guy is bashing Kojima when Cortana looks the way she does.

However, Quiet from the new MGS does look ridiculous and more trashy than a prostitute.The outfit is silly and trashy but not that surprising, I remember Eva's outfit from Snake Eater and the scene where a female character gets electrocuted by Volgin thus revealing her naked skin.

Kojima is a strange guy, he came up with a great female character like The Boss and now he gives us a sniper who looks more trashy than a prostitute.

If Quiet really does have some skin camouflage ability then it may help explain her look even though it is still silly. She would be kind of like Mystique in the X-Men films who spent most of her time walking around naked. Didn't Kojima make a comment stating he wanted the character to have more sex appeal?
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#4darren19822000Posted 9/7/2013 7:45:30 AM
as a man i dont care about half nude women in my game

as a father who plays with his daughter i would rather them be covered up. if i need to see a nude lady ill go look at my wife. some games, such as the DOA series, is SO over the top i refuse to play them. their loss of my money i guess
---
gt darren reefnugs
#5kill_distroy(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 7:46:47 AM
SparkItUp posted...
It is disgusting....She is clearly made up to look like a whore more so than sexy or erotic.

She is overly sexualized, but it is the designer's choice. At least she is a real woman. Cortana, on the other hand, was just an AI. Why did an AI receive a makeover to make her look attractive? They are clearly both doing this for the exact same reason. Calling the design of Quite disgusting is the definition of hypocritical.
---
Words That Kill
#6stawg007Posted 9/7/2013 7:47:59 AM
kill_distroy posted...
So this guy who's a designer at 343 Industries has made some remarks about Metal Gear Solid V. It's mainly about the Female Character appearing in MGSV called Quiet. Here's a picture of her: http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/japanese/img/info/q01_6x9.jpg

Now it is true that she is wearing a lot of revealing clothes, but that isn't surprising at all seeing as this has always been the case with the girls in Metal Gear. But I really don't care about that.

First, here is the tweet from the guy, he is called David Ellis.
Don't care if this gets me in trouble. This character design is disgusting. Our industry should be better than this.
and then he linked the image I posted above.

Anyone see the problem here? No? You guys remember Cortana? Notice anything different about her in Halo 4 after 343 Industries took over? Notice the huge boobs she has in Halo 4? Notice how "sexualized" she is in Halo 4 while she was pretty much normal in the other Halo games?

Talk about irony......

I really hope this was pointed out to that idiot and made to look the fool that he clearly is

The fact that some boobs and skin being shown is causing such controversy is ridiculous

People need to stop being such p******
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#7kill_distroy(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 7:48:40 AM
simonbelmont2 posted...
Yeah, I saw those comments on Gamespot, I find it funny the guy is bashing Kojima when Cortana looks the way she does.

However, Quiet from the new MGS does look ridiculous and more trashy than a prostitute.The outfit is silly and trashy but not that surprising, I remember Eva's outfit from Snake Eater and the scene where a female character gets electrocuted by Volgin thus revealing her naked skin.

Kojima is a strange guy, he came up with a great female character like The Boss and now he gives us a sniper who looks more trashy than a prostitute.

If Quiet really does have some skin camouflage ability then it may help explain her look even though it is still silly. She would be kind of like Mystique in the X-Men films who spent most of her time walking around naked. Didn't Kojima make a comment stating he wanted the character to have more sex appeal?

yeah, I'd like to reference your comment. We already know Quiet has some sort of camouflage ability, and Kojima did explain that Quiet has a reason for the way she dresses.

Also, on a side note. That woman who gets electrocuted in MGS3 is also Eva.
---
Words That Kill
#8TheBlueStigPosted 9/7/2013 7:50:47 AM
darren19822000 posted...
as a man i dont care about half nude women in my game

as a father who plays with his daughter i would rather them be covered up. if i need to see a nude lady ill go look at my wife. some games, such as the DOA series, is SO over the top i refuse to play them. their loss of my money i guess

If you're playing M rated games with underaged kids, you have no right to want anything in the game changed. The ratings appear for a reason, that content is NOT meant for kids under a certain age.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#9simonbelmont2Posted 9/7/2013 7:51:58 AM
kill_distroy posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...

yeah, I'd like to reference your comment. We already know Quiet has some sort of camouflage ability, and Kojima did explain that Quiet has a reason for the way she dresses.

Also, on a side note. That woman who gets electrocuted in MGS3 is also Eva.

Cool man, yeah I thought it was Eva that got electrocuted. It's been so long since I played the game though I'd forgotten some things about Snake Eater and wasn't sure about it.
---
#10simonbelmont2Posted 9/7/2013 7:55:40 AM
The game looks quite controversial, child soldiers, torture etc.
---