This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This guy from 343 Industries needs a slap on the face.

#31TheBlueStigPosted 9/7/2013 9:40:58 AM
kill_distroy posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
kill_distroy posted...
bossk5 posted...
Overacting MGS fanturds need a slap on the face.

Please, go ahead and explain how any of us are "Overacting" when all we did was point out at the silliness of other people overacting over nothing.

You can stop any f***ing time now, you're just as bad as all the whining little hypocrites who complained about Tiny Tina somehow being "racist" in Borderlands 2.

OMG she's showing a little skin....SO F***ING WHAT!?!?!?!?

Grow the f*** up.

I hope this wasn't targeted at me. Was it?

Yes, it was directed at you.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#32kill_distroy(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 9:43:52 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
kill_distroy posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
kill_distroy posted...
bossk5 posted...
Overacting MGS fanturds need a slap on the face.

Please, go ahead and explain how any of us are "Overacting" when all we did was point out at the silliness of other people overacting over nothing.

You can stop any f***ing time now, you're just as bad as all the whining little hypocrites who complained about Tiny Tina somehow being "racist" in Borderlands 2.

OMG she's showing a little skin....SO F***ING WHAT!?!?!?!?

Grow the f*** up.

I hope this wasn't targeted at me. Was it?

Yes, it was directed at you.

Aaaaaaand where did I complain about Quiet showing a little bit of Skin? In case you haven't noticed, I'm actually saying that overreacting over that is silly, which is basically what you're saying as well, so I don't get it.
---
Words That Kill
GT: Risev / PSN: RisevQ8
#33VasDeferensPosted 9/7/2013 9:46:10 AM
Well, Miyamoto hit his dirty old man stage, probably now Kojima has hit his .
#34bossk5Posted 9/7/2013 9:48:06 AM(edited)
I'm sure there will be plenty of offensive things about the new MGS game... Story and gameplay to name a couple. No need to focus on a scantily clad woman. Honestly, what with it being Kojima and all.... I'm surprised it's not a scantily clad man.
---
I buy used games. Piss&MoanFaqs
#35simonbelmont2Posted 9/7/2013 9:46:57 AM
bossk5 posted...
I'm sure there will be plenty of offensive things about the new MGS game... Story and gameplay to name a couple. No need to focus on a scantily clad women. Honesty, what with it being Kojima and all.... I'm surprised it's not a scantily clad man.

Ha, ha true!
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#36zerooo0Posted 9/7/2013 9:47:30 AM
When Kojima showed off "Quite" at the E3 trailer I just thought she looked BA. I wasn't paying attention to any of the "Sex" appeal that Kojima wanted. Same goes for Cortana design in Halo 4, loved her new look, & thought it just made sense.

I look at the design of the character, not the "Sex" appeal.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#37HouseOfBladesPosted 9/7/2013 9:55:42 AM
Has the guy ever picked up a Metal Gear game before?! Lmao better not tell him about EVA or any of the Beauty and the Beast Units.
#38simonbelmont2Posted 9/7/2013 9:56:21 AM
zerooo0 posted...
When Kojima showed off "Quite" at the E3 trailer I just thought she looked BA. I wasn't paying attention to any of the "Sex" appeal that Kojima wanted. Same goes for Cortana design in Halo 4, loved her new look, & thought it just made sense.

I look at the design of the character, not the "Sex" appeal.

To be honest I didn't really pay much attention to Quiet/Quite/whatever much at all when I saw her briefly in a trailer.
---
#39seankimberley42Posted 9/7/2013 9:58:44 AM
simonbelmont2 posted...
seankimberley42 posted...
You realize this designer probably had zero control over Cortana's appearance, and that he can't talk crap about his company's games if he wants to keep his job, right? There's no irony here. Also, regardless of her ability, the only reason she's dressed the way she is is to sell this game to teenage boys.

Yeah, he may not of even been behind the design of Cortana, however he still works for a company that produced a character who looks like that, it might of been wiser to bite his tongue. I also think the whole thing is a storm in a teacup, calling the character "disgusting" seems a bit over the top even though I do think the character looks silly and trashy.

As I said before, he works for 343. Hell, there's a good chance he's not even allowed to say anything negative about anything in the game. Maybe he's really mad at 343 for their over-sexualization of Cortana, and in his view this is just a way for him to vent. That doesn't change the fact that this is pretty sexist. She's supposedly an elite soldier yet all she's wearing us a bra, g-string underwear and ripped pantyhose. And oh yeah, just in case it isn't obvious enough, let's send out some photos where she's thrusting her chest out at the viewer.

For the record, I'm probably buy this game on release. That ten miinute gameplay video at E3 sold me on it.
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice
#40simonbelmont2Posted 9/7/2013 10:03:33 AM
simonbelmont2 posted...
You realize this designer probably had zero control over Cortana's appearance, and that he can't talk crap about his company's games if he wants to keep his job, right? There's no irony here. Also, regardless of her ability, the only reason she's dressed the way she is is to sell this game to teenage boys.

Yeah, he may not of even been behind the design of Cortana, however he still works for a company that produced a character who looks like that, it might of been wiser to bite his tongue. I also think the whole thing is a storm in a teacup, calling the character "disgusting" seems a bit over the top even though I do think the character looks silly and trashy.

As I said before, he works for 343. Hell, there's a good chance he's not even allowed to say anything negative about anything in the game. Maybe he's really mad at 343 for their over-sexualization of Cortana, and in his view this is just a way for him to vent. That doesn't change the fact that this is pretty sexist. She's supposedly an elite soldier yet all she's wearing us a bra, g-string underwear and ripped pantyhose. And oh yeah, just in case it isn't obvious enough, let's send out some photos where she's thrusting her chest out at the viewer.

For the record, I'm probably buy this game on release. That ten miinute gameplay video at E3 sold me on it.

Fair point mate, I do agree that the character looks silly but it didn't surprise me as I remember Eva from Snake Eater. As I said I think it's a storm in a teacup and not worth getting worked up about.
---