This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is hardcorps really this hard???

#1jimm120Posted 9/7/2013 6:50:15 PM
2 continues? After that, you start over from the beginning? Wtf!.?

Is there a way to put it on infinite continues at least?
---
Worthy Indie: Breath Of Death - Cuthulu Saves The World - EvilQuest - Trino - Shoot 1UP - Weapon of Choice - Your Doodles Are Bugged - Vintage Hero
#2SoincMetalPosted 9/7/2013 6:52:14 PM
yea lol i died and got gameover attempting that helicopter jump.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#3Matt_256Posted 9/7/2013 6:54:28 PM
Yea, the game was pretty tough. I did manage for finish the game though. Once you start upgrading your character it does get a bit easier. Keep playing and you'll get better..

Weird, I was going through my log of games on the dashboard yesterday and was thinking about booting it up again..
#4jimm120(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 6:56:24 PM
Yeah...but that's just the first level!

I was up to the 2nd level and finished using the continues....and it made me go back to the first level. Wtf.

Can't I go back to level two?

It's one thing to make it hard like old school games and it's another to make bad game design like old school games. Games like ghouls and ghosts and castlevania started you off from the beginning of the game after you died...but that wasn't because it was hard, but because it was bad game design.

I sure hope I can At least to to the levelive beaten it up to at least :/
---
Worthy Indie: Breath Of Death - Cuthulu Saves The World - EvilQuest - Trino - Shoot 1UP - Weapon of Choice - Your Doodles Are Bugged - Vintage Hero
#5jimm120(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 6:57:25 PM
Btw, I'm playing arcade mode....could that be the problem?
---
#6SoincMetalPosted 9/7/2013 6:58:45 PM
I'm lovin it so far, yea the farthest i got was to the jungle. If this games any indication it might go down has one of my favorite Contra's right next to Contra III.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#7JeustZeroPosted 9/7/2013 7:04:11 PM
jimm120 posted...
Yeah...but that's just the first level!

I was up to the 2nd level and finished using the continues....and it made me go back to the first level. Wtf.

Can't I go back to level two?

It's one thing to make it hard like old school games and it's another to make bad game design like old school games. Games like ghouls and ghosts and castlevania started you off from the beginning of the game after you died...but that wasn't because it was hard, but because it was bad game design.

I sure hope I can At least to to the levelive beaten it up to at least :/

Which Castlevania was that? I assume on NES since you are talking "oldskool"... They all let you continue from a checkpoint when you died and from the beginning of the stage when you ran out of lives. Although Simons Quest was weird in this regard as you usually got thrown back to the start with your items, however if you died or exhausted all your lives in a mansion you started in the same mansion.

Bought HC and haven't started yet, but is "difficult" synonymous with bad design? Or is there particularly something badly designed?

You did answer your question though... you ran out of continues and now you can no longer continue.

Pretty sure the game lets you earn more.... someone correct me if I'm wrong.
---
Can't you see, repetition was all you got.
#8656stoogePosted 9/7/2013 7:05:08 PM
This is a Contra game TC. And they're known for being some of the hardest games out there.

Just keep on replaying each level until you can do it without a single death. It's not as hard as it sounds and should only take a few days to master each stage. And from what I've played so far, this is one of the easiest Contras I've played.

Just avoid Contra 4, whatever you do. That game broke my soul. :(

(and yea, I realise it's not actually part of the Contra series, but it is the spiritual successor to the series)
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#9jimm120(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 7:09:46 PM
Oh boo hoo :/.

I'm ok with losing a life and starting at a checkpoint

And

Losing a continue and starting at the beginning of the stage....but to not let me choose the stage I've gotten up to sucks balls :/. Lose all your continues and you must go back to level 1
---
#10darren19822000Posted 9/7/2013 7:14:30 PM
whats so hard to get. you have to start a brand new game, no continues means game over start again
---
gt darren reefnugs gfaqs worst speller