This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox Live in hotel room?

#1GrandTh3ftAutoPosted 9/10/2013 7:58:26 AM(edited)
Ok so I will be at this hotel for probably the next month, they offer free Wi-Fi however that will not work on my Xbox as you need to accept their TOS and what not before you can use it. I've tried changing the MAC address on my 360 to that of my laptop and iPhone and vice versa with no success. I've asked the staff if they would be able to help at all but they have no clue what I'm even talking about. I would be able to use my phone as a hotspot however I don't have any service in the building. The only fix I have been able to find is turning internet sharing on, on my laptop and then connecting my laptop to my 360 via an ethernet cable. However this makes the already slow internet pretty much unusable. With GTA:O coming out on the 1st I'd really like a decent connection before then, anyone have any tips?

Edit: Is it possible to connect a router directly to my laptop? My laptop is connected via Wi-Fi, when I plug in a router that gives off it's own Wi-Fi signal it appears as if it is a working connection however when I connect to it on any device, it doesn't work.
---
Gamertag: Doctor Dayman
PSN: Doctor-Dayman
#2GrandTh3ftAuto(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2013 3:35:32 AM
Bump
---
Gamertag: Doctor Dayman
PSN: Doctor-Dayman