This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

when xbox live shuts down forever........

#1liamx2000Posted 9/10/2013 7:57:53 AM
doe's this mean all of the dlc I bought wont work on the console ?
or will they do a final patch that will make all dlc work for an example

I got couldn't sign in to live a few days ago so I wasn't online and I wanted to play some mercenary's on resident evil 5 and 6 , when I started the games none of the dlc had been loaded even though it's all installed on my hard drive. I hope I have not wasted all my money over the years.

even if the new xbox1 is coming out I would still be playing my 360 for many many many years to come.
#2GrandTh3ftAutoPosted 9/10/2013 8:02:49 AM
You can play any DLC on your console offline as long as the licenses for it are on your console.
---
Gamertag: Doctor Dayman
PSN: Doctor-Dayman
#3SheepinatorPosted 9/10/2013 8:06:42 AM
It sounds like your console doesn't own the license to that DLC. Was it bought on another console? You can do a license transfer. That should solve your immediate problem.

As for the future, you'd hope they would relax the DRM before changing the service but nobody could know. I wonder if they could even do that for the XBLIG, since I believe those are required to be online to circumvent the need for rating them.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#4GrandTh3ftAutoPosted 9/10/2013 8:41:58 AM
Sheepinator posted...
As for the future, you'd hope they would relax the DRM before changing the service but nobody could know. I wonder if they could even do that for the XBLIG, since I believe those are required to be online to circumvent the need for rating them.

That's the problem with digital purchases, you never actually own anything, you are just licensing them.
---
Gamertag: Doctor Dayman
PSN: Doctor-Dayman
#5SheepinatorPosted 9/10/2013 8:45:15 AM
GrandTh3ftAuto posted...
Sheepinator posted...

That's the problem with digital purchases, you never actually own anything, you are just licensing them.

Not necessarily true.

Besides, most of my digital buys have been $10 or less. If they don't work years after I last beat and played them, it's really not that big a deal. When I bought them I anticipated getting some hours of enjoyment, and I did. I've spent more on most lunches than many of these games but I don't stress over what I had for lunch several years ago.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#6ptreemf12Posted 9/10/2013 8:52:47 AM(edited)
Assuming the live service that is up right now does ever get shut down, hopefully Microsoft would be smart enough to remove the license system all together shortly before/after it happened. That way if your console breaks you can still freely transfer to a new one and not have to worry about "re downloading" the rights to play offline. I'm not even sure if that's entirely possible though.

That or they could not do that and screw everyone over >_>
---
Every dang time...
#7levyjl1988Posted 9/10/2013 9:04:33 AM
The day that happens is the day Microsoft is dead to me. Meaning I will never purchase a Microsoft product, then again I only buy apple hardware... Xbox 360 related is the exception.
---
I hate games with bad game design
#8smak52607Posted 9/10/2013 9:33:25 AM
You will still be able to play everything, as long as the console has the licensing. We own them, not license them. If that was the case we wouldn't be able to play any of the Arcade turtles games anymore because Xbox lost the license for them.
#9TheBlueStigPosted 9/10/2013 9:47:06 AM
smak52607 posted...
You will still be able to play everything, as long as the console has the licensing. We own them, not license them. If that was the case we wouldn't be able to play any of the Arcade turtles games anymore because Xbox lost the license for them.

You don't own anything digital....

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/8-things-you-think-you-own-but-dont/
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#10smak52607Posted 9/10/2013 11:20:49 AM
We don't physically own them, but we have the license for them since we purchased a part of the license from Xbox to play them. They cannot take that away from us.