This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

YO how likely is Microsoft to BAN you from XBL if you replace the HDD yourself?

#21NickDrakePosted 9/11/2013 1:46:20 AM
TheMuffin posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Replace it with an Official HDD, you're fine.

Replace it with a 3rd party or counterfeit piece of s*** bought from ebay or some other shady seller and they illegally flashed the HDD, you're f***ed.

Just ignore this fella.

I already do, but I'd like to reiterate your message.

I have had a 3rd party HDD for over two and a half years and haven't heard so much as a peep from MS nor have I heard of anyone who has. Get yourself a 320GB or below (just to be on the safe side) and you should be golden.
---
Take a look at the Lawman beating up the wrong guy
Oh, man! Wonder if he'll ever know...
#22CaIiber345Posted 9/11/2013 2:04:29 AM
Overburdened posted...
Yo G, you can buy a USB Stick dawg, 32GiggaBizzles yo. Straight up no messin' dawg.

Can save all of yo Grand Theft Izé saves on dat bad boy. And da mandatory 8Giggabizé install.

Hope dis helpz yo. Aaight.

We out.

Ok, who let Randy Jackson make a GameFAQS account...

("GiggaBizzles" was pretty good, though.)
---
"There is a lot of middle ground between superhero powers and "Niko, let's go bowling." Dr_Mojo
GTA V: Jet Fighter Deer Hunting
#23TheBlueStigPosted 9/11/2013 7:15:42 AM
NickDrake posted...
TheMuffin posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

Replace it with a 3rd party or counterfeit piece of s*** bought from ebay or some other shady seller and they illegally flashed the HDD, you're f***ed.

Just ignore this fella.

I have had a 3rd party HDD for over two and a half years and haven't heard so much as a peep from MS nor have I heard of anyone who has. Get yourself a 320GB or below (just to be on the safe side) and you should be golden.

Sorry but anybody who tells others NOT to take precautions with their hardware and accounts are nothing but lousy TROLLS who should never be listened to.

Just because YOU got away with it doesn't mean jack s***, and you claiming a ban will never happen to anybody else is f***ing stupid. All it would take is one hardware scan and you're gone.

FYI, not all 3rd party HDD's are created equally, there's a HUGE difference between a "legit 3rd party" HDD that does NOT have the XBox Originals partition, and a counterfeit piece of s*** from ebay that's been illegally flashed to play XBox Originals.

It's that illegal partition that can and will get you banned because Microsoft is the ONLY ONE allowed to put that partition there.

There's also the plain and simple fact that those "cheap drives" are cheap for a reason, they're too f***ing slow to be in a 360 in the first place.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#24TheMuffinPosted 9/11/2013 1:23:49 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
NickDrake posted...
TheMuffin posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

Just ignore this fella.

Sorry but anybody who tells others NOT to take precautions with their hardware and accounts are nothing but lousy TROLLS who should never be listened to.

Just because YOU got away with it doesn't mean jack s***, and you claiming a ban will never happen to anybody else is f***ing stupid. All it would take is one hardware scan and you're gone.

FYI, not all 3rd party HDD's are created equally, there's a HUGE difference between a "legit 3rd party" HDD that does NOT have the XBox Originals partition, and a counterfeit piece of s*** from ebay that's been illegally flashed to play XBox Originals.

It's that illegal partition that can and will get you banned because Microsoft is the ONLY ONE allowed to put that partition there.

There's also the plain and simple fact that those "cheap drives" are cheap for a reason, they're too f***ing slow to be in a 360 in the first place.

Just. No.
---
JascoD~ He said black ops 2, not Battlefield 3. CoD can be played at the same time you're making a sandwich.
#25TheBlueStigPosted 9/11/2013 1:40:03 PM
TheMuffin posted...
Just. No.

Oh look, yet ANOTHER useless troll who thinks Microsoft never bans anybody....

There was a post right here on this board a few months back about someone who bought one of those cheap s*** HDD's from ebay, they ended up having problems with it and sending the system back to MS, they even removed the HDD first, but MS was able to scan their hardware....and banned it.

MS can find out if you've been using unofficial products with a simple remote scan, and that scan can easily be set to run every time you connect to Live because that's how Sony does it. If you're playing a game while connected, they can run a scan on your hardware and you would never know it....and you agreed to let them do it when you agreed to the Live ToS.

If they find the serial number of the HDD, and it doesn't match Microsoft's official HDD serial number range, they can run a deeper scan to see if that HDD is illegally flashed with Microsoft's proprietary code. If it is illegally flashed, say goodbye to your hardware, your account, and everything that's locked to that account like all your digital games and all your DLC.

Now if you continue to say that it's worth it to risk all of that, you forever brand yourself as a troll.
---
#26fiasco86Posted 9/11/2013 2:53:39 PM
NOM posted...
Also, am I even allowed to talk about this on GameFAQs? So many rules I can't keep track.

Can't blame you. The mods can't even keep track of the rules they're supposed to enforce.
---
Game Conquerors Top 100 Games of All Time
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBdvbVOHRybalW-7GExzgqbbBf1bGVV3L
#27Doktor_WilhelmPosted 9/11/2013 3:00:13 PM
@TheBlueStig: You post no proof of anything you've stated, please stop trolling these threads.
---
"so i'm guessing it's doctor wilhelm vs everyone else then?" - Travisclees
#28singhellotakuPosted 9/11/2013 4:09:03 PM
slim to nil, I put a 250gb slim hd into an old fat 360 hard drive housing about a year ago and have been fine
#29TheBlueStigPosted 9/11/2013 4:32:17 PM
Doktor_Wilhelm posted...
@TheBlueStig: You post no proof of anything you've stated, please stop trolling these threads.

I told you where the proof is troll, go to the forums of the people making the games, go to Microsoft's forums, go to Turn 10's forum, go to Gearbox's forums.

The common denominator is the Ban Forum, where people who have been banned come in to complain about it.

If you seriously think none of them bans anybody, you're out of your f***ing mind.
---
#30NOM(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 3:28:48 PM
Hucast9 posted...
Gamestop

YO, B****.

Gotta thank you for that suggestion because that's what I decided to go with. Picked up the 250GB HDD from GameStop and a transfer cable. Everything working smoothly now and I once again thank you. :)
---
https://i.minus.com/j3nm0LSXaRNVE.png