This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate the Game Day 1: L.A. Noire

#31Arucard05Posted 9/12/2013 11:04:09 PM
Came in expecting an Adventure game. Wasn't disappointed.

8.Rancor / Diaper
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
It's better than bad.
#32glassghost0Posted 9/12/2013 11:04:53 PM
moogie101 posted...
3/10

I was so looking forward to this game & ended up so disappointed.

The much ballyhooed facial technology for me didn't look any better than what other games were using.
The whole body language being used was Junior Psychology for kids. Ooh, they've got their arms crossed, they can't maintain eye contact. Get out of here that every person you spoke to followed these basic principles.
Walking around crimes scenes. Either have the music on & give away too quickl;y, or off & you're picking up random stuf for hours just to see if its relevant. Hardly exciting stuff.

So many options with the free roam world but felt like mafia 2, very little to do outside the main missons.
The story bored the hell out of me & every "twist" was clearly signposted.

As you may have guessed, i didn't like it!

See, this is just stupid....

My biggest pet peeve is people who can't differentiate between something they didn't like and the actual quality of the game.

If L.A. Noire is a 3/10, I would love to see what you would score some games....
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#33TenzhiPosted 9/12/2013 11:41:15 PM
6/10

I liked the idea of the game, but it ended up being merely decent. I think if they revisit and refine the idea they could make a great sequel. Though I think I'd rather see them go with a classic P.I. as the main character.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#34moogie101Posted 9/13/2013 1:38:00 AM
glassghost0 posted...
moogie101 posted...
3/10

I was so looking forward to this game & ended up so disappointed.

The much ballyhooed facial technology for me didn't look any better than what other games were using.
The whole body language being used was Junior Psychology for kids. Ooh, they've got their arms crossed, they can't maintain eye contact. Get out of here that every person you spoke to followed these basic principles.
Walking around crimes scenes. Either have the music on & give away too quickl;y, or off & you're picking up random stuf for hours just to see if its relevant. Hardly exciting stuff.

So many options with the free roam world but felt like mafia 2, very little to do outside the main missons.
The story bored the hell out of me & every "twist" was clearly signposted.

As you may have guessed, i didn't like it!

See, this is just stupid....

My biggest pet peeve is people who can't differentiate between something they didn't like and the actual quality of the game.

If L.A. Noire is a 3/10, I would love to see what you would score some games....

Fair enough, 3/10 was me clearly still annoyed about this game.
But it was a game I was so hyped for & so let down.
#35Arucard05Posted 9/13/2013 3:23:39 AM
moogie101 posted...

Ignore him. I'm sick of people acting like there's some objective value of a game you have to acknowledge.

If you thought it sucked, it sucked (to you).
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Go there now! Or don't. Whatever man.
#36Krauser86Posted 9/13/2013 3:38:26 AM(edited)
Seanie1200 posted...
I voted 6. The game was a great idea but it got too samey too quickly. There wasn't enough to see or do in thw world and the questioning of suspects seemed too random. Many a time I questioned, got things wrong, reloaded and got the same reactions with different approaches.

Also I seem to remember pieces of evidence only turning up if oyu did certain things. On one case I searched an alley and found nothing but after I questioned someone a knife appeared in a dustbin. It spoiled the immersion for me.

You do realise interrogations aren't random... right? Truth / Doubt / Lie will ALWAYS get you the same reactions from the same people, the only difference in reactions is if you have the evidence to backup your claim that they're lying.
---
Bloody screen... so REAL!
Poppy Bros. Junior! Poppy Bros. Senior!
#37NellytheHoofPosted 9/13/2013 3:52:20 AM
6/10. The world felt big but lifeless. Exploring felt very boring and had no real reward.

But mainly, I just think the interrogation system is very flawed. The 'true' 'doubt' 'lie' thing was misleading, as often what a suspect actually said would be true, but you just felt they were holding something back. So then there's an issue of which to choose, because technically you are not doubting what they are saying, yet somehow that could be the correct option.
Then when you think you've got the hang of it, you'll doubt someone hoping they've got more information, but Phelps will flat out accuse them of being the killer or whatever.
---
YNWA
#38TenzhiPosted 9/13/2013 4:01:31 AM
NellytheHoof posted...
But mainly, I just think the interrogation system is very flawed. The 'true' 'doubt' 'lie' thing was misleading, as often what a suspect actually said would be true, but you just felt they were holding something back. So then there's an issue of which to choose, because technically you are not doubting what they are saying, yet somehow that could be the correct option.
Then when you think you've got the hang of it, you'll doubt someone hoping they've got more information, but Phelps will flat out accuse them of being the killer or whatever.

Yeah, and also they made such a big deal about the expressions being used to tell if someone was lying but since the expressions weren't always a reliable tell it came down to lucky guesses unless you had concrete evidence.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#39horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 11:09:39 AM
Arucard05 posted...
moogie101 posted...

Ignore him. I'm sick of people acting like there's some objective value of a game you have to acknowledge.

If you thought it sucked, it sucked (to you).

this
---
Just when they think they got the answers, I change the questions..
www.cheatmasters.com