This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that people didn't really enjoy, but you did?

#1BrownPackPosted 9/13/2013 7:07:03 PM
What games did you guys really enjoy... even though many thought they sucked, or at least weren't too good? Also, if you've played games that other people have listed, what did you think about them?

I personally loved:

-Original Army of TWO
This game was amazing to me, and still is good to this day. Yeah, it is pretty rough around the corners, but it's campaign was and still is one of the best to this day to me. The second one to this game was ok at best. Nothing really special. I loved the first one because of the character's dialogue was so interesting.

-Dead Island
I still love this game regardless of most of the hate it gets, and I personally enjoy it more than Borderlands (even though Borderlands is easily a smoother performing game) Dead Island is just way more fun to me. I haven't played the sequel yet, but to me this game was less repetitive.

-LA Noire
I know this is still not a "bad game" by many people's standards, but it still wasn't as well received as the other Rockstar games. To this day this is still one of my absolute favorites, but maybe it's because I'm in love with the whole art deco style and the way that people dressed back then.
#2JLA79Posted 9/13/2013 7:14:22 PM
BrownPack posted...
-LA Noire
I know this is still not a "bad game" by many people's standards, but it still wasn't as well received as the other Rockstar games. To this day this is still one of my absolute favorites, but maybe it's because I'm in love with the whole art deco style and the way that people dressed back then.

After some research I'm seeing "L.A. Noire received critical acclaim".
#3orangeneePosted 9/13/2013 7:14:41 PM
Inb4LANoirewasn'tmadebyrockstar.

Alpha Protocol. A good few people who can put up with the flaws enjoy it, most can't though.

Dragon Age 2. Nothing to say that hasn't been discussed ad nauseum already.
---
How to divide by Zero: Find person named Zero, get him/her to divide something.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#4moondog84Posted 9/13/2013 7:15:29 PM
Shellshock 2: Blood Trails
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty
Darkest of Days
---
Spaceballs the Signature
#5ray12aPosted 9/13/2013 7:15:52 PM
Syndicate
Duke Nukem Forever
---
GT: DEATHMETALGEAR / PSN: ray12a
#6TheLastAvatar05Posted 9/13/2013 7:18:15 PM
Mass Effect 3.

*Runs*
---
Proud Member of Squad 422. "Altaha Abilia"
#7JLA79Posted 9/13/2013 7:20:10 PM
I enjoyed MK vs DC
#8Merc123Posted 9/13/2013 8:48:26 PM
TMNT Out of the Shadows - Some people blasted the game but it was mostly reviewers who seemed to spend 15 minutes playing the game and then saying it sucked. Once you get a feel for one of the Turtles, learn the combat system and start upgrading the Turtles, the combat becomes really fun and actually has alot of depth. The Turtles all have there personalities perfectly in tact and have nice banter between each other. The art style while ugly at first grows on you and it actually works really well. Overall you can tell the devs love TMNT and alot of love was put into making this an awesome TMNT game.

I also really liked Dragon Age 2, but like said, don't want to argue DA2 again.
#9SkilzMCPosted 9/13/2013 8:51:09 PM
MOH Warfighter.
---
"I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn't have one, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC
#10glassghost0Posted 9/13/2013 8:51:43 PM
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122