This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What happens if you open an achievement off-line? Will it still sync later?

#1BroncavPosted 9/14/2013 1:05:09 PM
It used to be that if you opened an achievement while your Internet was down, it wouldn't log the date and time and it would never show up on your record when the Internet came back on. Is that still true?
---
Being a fanboy = Defending and dedicating yourself to a piece of plastic, made by a corporation that doesn't care about you anyway.
#2GrandTh3ftAutoPosted 9/14/2013 1:19:57 PM
If you open one? Achievement's gained while not connected to Live won't have a time stamp if that's what you're asking.
---
Gamertag: Doctor Dayman
PSN: Doctor-Dayman
#3Robin_MaskPosted 9/14/2013 1:24:54 PM
GrandTh3ftAuto posted...
If you open one? Achievement's gained while not connected to Live won't have a time stamp if that's what you're asking.

Yep, VERY annoying thing that hasn't been fixed. PS3 does have a time-stamp no matter what, however, they do fix their trophy names like the God of War: Ascension one, even if you got the original name first.
---
Support! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero
#4smak52607Posted 9/14/2013 1:40:14 PM
Who cares, honestly. It's still there regardless.
#5SheepinatorPosted 9/14/2013 2:05:22 PM
How could this be "fixed"? If the server doesn't see it happen, it has no idea when it happened.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#6orangeneePosted 9/14/2013 2:05:25 PM
smak52607 posted...
Who cares, honestly. It's still there regardless.

You forget how some people are, the lack of timestamp on an achievement really bugs them.
---
How to divide by Zero: Find person named Zero, get him/her to divide something.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#7Dragon NexusPosted 9/14/2013 7:21:24 PM
Sheepinator posted...
How could this be "fixed"? If the server doesn't see it happen, it has no idea when it happened.

PSN manages it.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#8RenamonPosted 9/14/2013 8:24:47 PM
Sheepinator posted...

Console logs date, then when the console is telling the server achievement is unlocked, it tells the server the date too. Not too hard to do really.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#9SheepinatorPosted 9/14/2013 8:26:01 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10SheepinatorPosted 9/14/2013 8:29:59 PM
Renamon posted...
Sheepinator posted...

Console logs date, then when the console is telling the server achievement is unlocked, it tells the server the date too. Not too hard to do really.

So the timestamp for all offline gained trophies is the last time the console was online?
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.