This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What happens if you open an achievement off-line? Will it still sync later?

#11RenamonPosted 9/14/2013 11:44:44 PM
Sheepinator posted...
Renamon posted...
Sheepinator posted...
How could this be "fixed"? If the server doesn't see it happen, it has no idea when it happened.

Console logs date, then when the console is telling the server achievement is unlocked, it tells the server the date too. Not too hard to do really.

So the timestamp for all offline gained trophies is the last time the console was online?

Come on dude, think, it's not rocket science.

The console logs the date the achievement was unlocked, so when the profile next connects to XBL, it does what it does now, and tells the servers than an achievement has been unlocked, but then also tells the server when it was unlocked, so it is still timestamped.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#12orangeneePosted 9/15/2013 4:37:27 AM
There's another reason it doesn't timestamp offline, no battery backed clock.

PS3 does have a battery backed clock. Though mine used to gain 5 minutes every few days.
---
How to divide by Zero: Find person named Zero, get him/her to divide something.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#13SheepinatorPosted 9/15/2013 5:06:40 AM
Renamon posted...
Sheepinator posted...
So the timestamp for all offline gained trophies is the last time the console was online?

Come on dude, think, it's not rocket science.

The console logs the date the achievement was unlocked, so when the profile next connects to XBL, it does what it does now, and tells the servers than an achievement has been unlocked, but then also tells the server when it was unlocked, so it is still timestamped.

So the timestamp is anything the user wants it to be? And you think that's a good solution?
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#14TheBlueStigPosted 9/15/2013 9:00:46 AM
The timestamp isn't there because many people use offline mode to cheat their way into gaining achievements they really didn't accomplish the right way.

They don't deserve a timestamp if they cheated the achievements.

Plus, the only people who care about timestamps are the same kinds of people who care about a having a zero balance on their Live accounts, and whether or not their gamerscore ends in a zero or a five, people with "Gamer's OCD".
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#15StucklnMyPantsPosted 9/15/2013 9:31:05 AM
Hahaha. Stig trying to instigate an argument. I'm shocked.