This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Literally no reason to own a console after I'm done with GTA V.

#61immortaltech6Posted 9/15/2013 2:18:51 PM
SkilzMC posted...
See you're assuming that "genre" labels equate to a person's interests. For instance, I'm not usually a puzzle/platformer type of guy, but Limbo peaked my interest with it's art style.

But by your logic because I'm not willing to dive face first into a genre I'm fairly certain I won't like, that would make me a casual.

To a certain extent yeah because of what I already said. An average to hardcore gamer is more open-minded to experiment with a wider range/ diversity of genres and not just stick to a few. Which is also dictated by time invested. It's the circle of gaming and it determines where you stand.

In 2 yrs/ 25 months:

Skillz MC
Gamerscore 5,950
Total Games Played: 51
Games Completed: 0
Average Completion: 13%

I see now why that word got you riled up when it was originally directed at the trolling TC. I'm done here.
#62SkilzMCPosted 9/15/2013 2:24:10 PM
immortaltech6 posted...
SkilzMC posted...
See you're assuming that "genre" labels equate to a person's interests. For instance, I'm not usually a puzzle/platformer type of guy, but Limbo peaked my interest with it's art style.

But by your logic because I'm not willing to dive face first into a genre I'm fairly certain I won't like, that would make me a casual.

To a certain extent yeah because of what I already said. An average to hardcore gamer is more open-minded to experiment with a wider range/ diversity of genres and not just stick to a few. Which is also dictated by time invested. It's the circle of gaming and it determines where you stand.

In 2 yrs/ 25 months:

Skillz MC
Gamerscore 5,950
Total Games Played: 51
Games Completed: 0
Average Completion: 13%

I see now why that word got you riled up when it was originally directed at the trolling TC. I'm done here.

Well then I'm glad I don't feel the need to be "hardcore" if it means being some sort of gaming masochist spending my time and money on games I don't like.

Thanks bra ! :D
---
"I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn't have one, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC
#63FredSavage27Posted 9/15/2013 2:54:05 PM
__Stewa__ posted...
PC gaming isn't for everyone buddy

Which is exactly why console gaming isn't going anywhere.
#64immortaltech6Posted 9/15/2013 4:13:34 PM
SkilzMC posted...

Well then I'm glad I don't feel the need to be "hardcore" if it means being some sort of gaming masochist spending my time and money on games I don't like.

Got curious, then couldn't resist because you're just asking for it.

Do you live in a thicket cuz you just don't get it. Forget the games you don't like, you haven't even finished the games you do like with an average completion of 13%. And what are most of your games? FPS shooters/ action-adventure, which just happen to be the 2 genres I mentioned in my 2nd post- now that's a lol.

SkilzMC
Active Messages Posted: 81
People like you that spend more time typing about gaming than gaming itself are a bane of online gaming forums. You form your opinions indirectly from other peoples' instead of playing first-hand and then impose your insightful analysis of this pastime/ videogames/ industry upon others that actually do. And then have the audacity to attempt to call them out for something you don't even have the inherent experience to understand.
#65RahzarXPosted 9/15/2013 4:15:19 PM
LOLWUT

PC Gaming is less than 10% of the market.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#66LightbornePosted 9/15/2013 4:21:22 PM
Bac0n01 posted...
__Stewa__ posted...
But after playing PC it is literally impossible to go back to a console.

I was not aware playing on a PC made you physically unable to hold a controller. Thanks for the PSA.

Are you kidding me? Pc has mods and steam and other services for indies and mainstream alike after seeing the awesome deals there is no going back.
#67Deathx113Posted 9/15/2013 4:29:38 PM
I have a gaming and pc and I do prefer to game on it, but the communities on pc are soooo much worse than 360.

You almost have to have friends to have fun, whereas you can make friends easily on the 360.
---
Name: Ernest (Yes, I've been to camp)
Add me, GT/PSN: Deathx113
#68Gunvalkyrie2Posted 9/15/2013 4:38:28 PM
__Stewa__ posted...
Let's face it, console gaming is dying. I gladly accepted that after the Xbox One failed hard at E3. It was at that moment I decided it's time to build a PC.

My Xbox 360 has served me well. But after playing PC it is literally impossible to go back to a console. I'm only coming back to play GTA V until a PC version releases.

How does God of War and Uncharted look on PC? Ohh wait..............
---
This is a message board to express opinions, idiot.
#69SkilzMCPosted 9/15/2013 7:03:44 PM(edited)
immortaltech6 posted...
SkilzMC posted...

Got curious, then couldn't resist because you're just asking for it.

Do you live in a thicket cuz you just don't get it. Forget the games you don't like, you haven't even finished the games you do like with an average completion of 13%. And what are most of your games? FPS shooters/ action-adventure, which just happen to be the 2 genres I mentioned in my 2nd post- now that's a lol.

SkilzMC
Active Messages Posted: 81
People like you that spend more time typing about gaming than gaming itself are a bane of online gaming forums. You form your opinions indirectly from other peoples' instead of playing first-hand and then impose your insightful analysis of this pastime/ videogames/ industry upon others that actually do. And then have the audacity to attempt to call them out for something you don't even have the inherent experience to understand.

Wow! I have plenty of games on there I only popped in once at a friends house, so go ahead and hop off my completion percentage. You know what? I didn't know you were a psychic somehow knowing were MY insights come from? IS IT POSSIBLE I DISCUSS THE GAMES I HAVE PLAYED!?! You know what? 80% of the games made today will follow into one of those two blanket categories of "Action adventure or FPS." But if you were to describe Bioshock to someone, would you just say... ya it's an FPS... and that's it. Get real. Speaking of the bane of gaming forums, cheetobreath ass****s, that's what I was calling you out on originally! The fact you had to end your post with a condescending " LOL. CASUAL!" instead of just letting your reasonable post speak for itself. I hope your happy being such a 1337 gamer because it has obviously eroded your social skills.
---
"I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn't have one, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC
#70immortaltech6Posted 9/16/2013 1:43:16 AM
I'm not the one posing as a gamer online to socialize anonymously with other gamers. The only "wow" that I see is someone still pretending they have the credibility to pass judgement on a more experienced gamer's more objective definition of the word "casual." You don't have the stature/ gaming experience to call someone else's credibility on the word casual out when you have none yourself. Take away the 0% games and you've only played a handful, & out of those you haven't even finished that many games so that whole angle of yours is irrelevant. One Limbo or Bioshock in a sea of CoD's and the most popular games means nothing.

You still aren't able to connect the dots to all that I said, as evidenced by your infinite loops. Hell, you don't even have the comprehension skills to understand that the lol is attached to the previous statement and that the "." separates it from "casual" that I'll say again, was directed to originally insult the troll. You know, at which point you took it personally and which more than apparent now was rightly so. Did it enter that thicket yet? I highly doubt it so here we go.

My stats:
Member Since: December 4th, 2004 (9 years ago), went inactive/ lost pw- reinitiated 2011
Karma 287
Active Messages Posted 26
PSN level: 18. Platinums: 48. 84% completion. No CoD's, Hanna Montana kiddy padding crap, 1.9 trophies/ day. Steam account, PS2 still hooked up.
I consider that to oscillate somewhere between average to hardcore, a mid-high level.

You:
Karma 331
Active Messages Posted 87
Gamertag: 5k, 13% completion.

Know what the disparities above mean? I'll hold your hand like with your games:
It means what I said in the previous post, you'd rather and have spent more time talking about games than gaming itself. I'd rather interact with real people and play actual games over living in this cesspool where you gotta spell self-evident sentences out in excruciating detail.

Me calling your posing out doesn't mean jack in respect to my social skills, it means simply that: me calling your posing out. I don't have to be respectful, nice or have any sort of common social courtesies/ decorum towards you because you're a fake, a poser, a pretender. And take into account all that I've said, you deserve none and will get none. You wanna go on bs tangents, put words in mouths instead of dealing with factual evidence such as your lackluster ghost-town of a gamertag, keep at it but your already appropriately tagged forum handle is now ignored as well.

TLDR for ADD crowd: I explained my definition of casual and you barely fit that; you just dabble in games, accept it and deal with it or don't and keep on pos(t)ing, I couldn't care less anymore. What a pathetic joke. Thanks for the laughs.
http://www.xboxgamertag.com/search/Skillz-MC/