This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do I need Gold to play games I download via license transfer.

#1Wolfx911Posted 9/15/2013 8:04:15 AM
I have gold on account 1 but want to play them on account 2. I download the games from account 1 but when I try to play on account 2 it says unable to open and that I need to be on the account that downloaded it. Is this because I need gold on account 2 or is there some other reason? I hope this makes sense.
#2orangeneePosted 9/15/2013 8:15:57 AM
All accounts on that console should be able to play it.

You do need to download everything again though to update the licences properly. Don't delete just go through your DL history and pick download again.
---
How to divide by Zero: Find person named Zero, get him/her to divide something.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#3infinitexxPosted 9/15/2013 8:18:30 AM
^Yep, do that. You're only downloading a tiny file (tiny as in KB, not MB) when you pick download again, it won't take long to run through your history.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
#4Wolfx911(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 10:47:43 AM
I went through the download history and did it that way and this is happening. Can only be played on the account that downloads it even with the license transferred.
#5orangeneePosted 9/15/2013 10:52:57 AM
Can you play them offline with your main account?
---
How to divide by Zero: Find person named Zero, get him/her to divide something.
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#6RenamonPosted 9/15/2013 10:54:11 AM
Can always try to do another license transfer if it lets you.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#7Super CreaturesPosted 9/15/2013 3:31:46 PM
Did you actually do a license transfer, or just download the content again without actually doing what is required to transfer licenses to another console?
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.